1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Higher MPG???

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by RDPTHREE, Oct 16, 2005.

1. RDPTHREE

RDPTHREE New Member

What can I do to keep my mileage in the mid-50's. Most of my driving is around town and 45 is what I'm experiencing. Is there something to tire pressure? Please help!!!

Thanks,

RDPTHREE :D

2. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Welcome RDPTHREE,

For a newer vehicle that I presume has fewer than 6,000 miles on it, the in-town 45 MPG is quite typical. MPG in the mid-50s, while attainable, is a bit of a lofty goal, especially if the vehicle hasn't fully broken in yet or if your commute is short. I'm no technical expert on the HSD or cars in general (although many on this forum are), but I gather that things like the ambient temperature as well as how warm the engine is will have an impact on the MPG you can achieve. Driving habits also play a large role. Other searchable threads on this site offer many tips in that regard.

I've had my Prius about a year now, and my commute is generally about 10 minutes of low-speed, small-city traffic. I tend to average 49 MPG in the summer and 45 MPG in the winter.

3. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    RDPTHREE

<------ What's your Location and what year/model Prius do you own?