1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Highlander Hybrid discounts ????

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Silverray, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Silverray

Silverray New Member

A coworker of mine is on a wait list for a Highlander Hybrid. He has seen several new listings for one on his dealers web sight and thinks the dealer may be playing games with his order. He has also seen quite a few more listed at various dealers in the area. (See drivechicago.com) If there really is more availability then are some dealers offering less then MSRP? Just out of curiousity, does this apply to Prius's any where ?

I'm doubtful but offered to post the question for him so serious replies would be appreciated.
    :rolleyes:

2. Jonnycat26

Jonnycat26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I've read over on the edmunds forums that they are going for a few K less than MSRP.

3. moneytrain8

moneytrain8 New Member

Probably because you pay $9k more (MSRP) just to get that whopping 9 mpg increase. And people have complained about the Prius not making up the price difference... yikes...

4. Maytrix

Maytrix Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think it's $9k more than the base model, which the hybrid version is not. I think the hybrid is closer to a limited, which is why the huge difference.

Once I realized you could tow with it, I became interested in it, but at that price, it just wasn't worth it, so I opted for the Prius.