1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Highlander Hybrid ETA

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Tideland Prius, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey, I asked my dealer and they said they've put in orders for 4-5 Highlander Hybrids. They expect them to arrive in May or June! Can't wait to test drive them

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    He thinks he'll get all 4-5 at that time?

Last I heard the HH will be produced in VERY limited numbers. My dealer was told they'd get 1.7/month (shared allocation of 8/month with 5 other dealers).

Also, I just don't think May is going to happen...I've heard that before, but the latested confident quote from a Toyota press type release was June.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I didn't say that. I said he placed orders for 4-5. I didn't say he'll get them all in May or June.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards June since I read that somewhere... probably one of the Toyota sites.

Edit: I've just thought of something. Don't forget that the population is quite concentrated on certain areas in Canada so I'm thinking cities like Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal will get the larger allocations whereas in the US, there's pretty much demand no matter which state you're in so the given allotment will have to be split between more dealers