1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Highlander hybrid w/62k miles?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by heartlake, Oct 21, 2009.

1. heartlake

heartlake New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    We are thinking about purchasing an 06 highlander hybrid limited AWD however it has 62K miles. We want to drive this car for at least 7 yrs if not more. We are looking for reliability and low cost maintenance. Should we make this purchase or wait for another car with lower mileage (say 45k or so)? The car is certified, so the drivetrain warrantee has been extended to 100k miles. Would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks.

2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I guess I would make the decision based on how much difference there was would be in price and how many miles per year you plan on driving the Highlander. If you are getting a good price and it's what you want (color options etc.) the extra 20K miles should not be to important. Be sure to check the service history and do a VIN search. Also consider taking it to a good independent mechanic to have it checked out.

I would suggest doing a Google search for Highlander forums and ask them. Most of the Prius owners on this forum are probably like me and have never even been in a Highlander.