1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Highway Capable EV's HERE now??

Discussion in 'EV (Electric Vehicle) Discussion' started by DaveinOlyWA, Dec 23, 2008.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ok... i will post link... who has any info on this??

AVAILABLE JAN 2009!!

Electric Green Auto: The EGA Electric Vehicle Series - Think Green...Drive Green...Save Green!

stats:

Batteries: NANO TITANATE 3X1.2kw hour each
    Most advanced with 4kw per kg - fully recharged in 10 minutes
    30kw/ peak power, 6-phase motor
    Variable automatic gearbox, shaft drive
    AC/DC converter
    Normal speed 55-60 MPH (range: 320 miles; Max. speed 75 MPH (range: 250 miles)
    Electric brake pump
    On-board generator (Hydrogen-electrolysis: 2 pints distilled water)
    Inclusive drive-train (mounting frame assembled)

Wth??? have i been blindsided??

**EDIT**
    never mind. i called one of the dealers listed and they have been getting promised deliveries for several months now... so it most likely hype from a car company that still has technical issues to iron out

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    It looks like a scam to me.

1. Their web page does not give a physical address.

2. Their contact info is an email, but no postal address or even a phone number.

3. To get 250 miles range at 75 mph, and that boxy little shape, would require $60,000 worth of batteries.

4. They're claiming a new kind of battery.

5. No price is mentioned.

6. Is the Smart even street legal in the U.S.?

And finally, January 1 is very soon, but is not now. What do you want to bet that the car will not actually be available then? (But I'm sure they'll happily accept pre-paid orders.)

Everything about it shouts SCAM.

The Zenn City Car is a long ways off, but at least Zenn is a real company selling real cars. Tesla is expensive and there's a long wait, but its Roadster is on the road.

Of course, the Tesla is highway capable and is here now, though there's a long wait to get one. And plenty of conversion shops are building highway-capable EVs.

3. JSH

JSH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The 2nd generation Smart is, but that is the 1st generation. ZAP motors did manage to import some 1st generation Smarts and update them to US specs. Then they wanted $20 to $25K for a car you can now buy direct from Smart for $12K. I wonder if this is a front company for ZAP that is trying to get rid of some Smart cars. The outrageous claims are very similar to ZAP. ZAP has been 6 months from released a mind-blowing new EV for about 10 years now.

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    daniel, i called one of the "dealers" The Green Car Company in Kirkland, and they have said as much the same. they have been promised delivery since this past summer. they are VERY skeptical of the technology and dont have a price or anything else.

they also have NOT HEARD about a Jan delivery date.

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Too bad. But it was pretty obviously not a realistic promise.

Zap is an unusual company. They've been running scams for a very long time, and still are. But at the same time they are selling an EV you can buy today and which functions pretty much as advertised. The stock Xebra now costs about $11,500, goes about 20 miles on a charge and goes about 35 mph; and the 2008 by all reports is much more reliable than the 2006, which in turn was a lot better than the first ones. I wouldn't buy their stock. But thanks to Zap I've been doing most of my in-town driving on electric for a year and a half.

In the end, I suspect it will be the next round of gas shortages that really drives the impetus to EVs.