1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Highway Hesitattion

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by jeepwillies, Nov 5, 2007.

1. jeepwillies

jeepwillies New Member

I have an 05 Prius that seems to have a highway speed hesitation. When I am driving along at a constant speed (say 100 km/h) the car sometimes hesitates a bit or studders. The reason I really started noticing it was because for 3 weeks I drove a 07 TDI Touren in France. When I got home to my beloved Prius I noticed right away how not smooth a drive it is!

Has anyone experienced this? The roads were dry and it was on a flat and my wife has noticed this before.

Dave

2. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    No haven't noticed anything like that at all. On the highway the Prius should be smooth as silk.

3. ACORNBLUES

ACORNBLUES New Member

nope. haven't noticed it on my prius.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paprius4030 @ Nov 5 2007, 06:21 PM) [snapback]535133[/snapback]</div>

4. drifty1955

drifty1955 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Beerguy @ Nov 5 2007, 05:24 PM) [snapback]535105[/snapback]</div>

It might be as simple as a dirty throttle body bore. Take the air cleaner housing off a simple 4 clips and set the air cleaner assy. aside and peer down the throttle body bore. It should be pristine clean. Reach around to the left of the body where the butterfly spring is and turn that spring/cam which opens up the throttle body butterfly and peer down the bore.
    It should look really really clean down yonder there. If its blackened/dirty go buy some "Throttle body spray cleaner" at the auto store. Yes they actually make a product called that. And spray it clean. Let it dry before firing back up. Might have a fouled plug too. Your 05 should run as nice as an 07. Good luck.

5. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Getting way ahead of the data here, but anyway: if the throttle is gunked up and if you do clean it yourself, don't get any of the cleaner on the mass sensor which sticks out into the air above the throttle plate.

But first: is the oil level more than a 1/4 inch or so above the full mark? That would be bad.