1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hillary or Condie in ‘08?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Sufferin' Prius Envy, Dec 2, 2005.

?
  1. I would vote for Hillary and she would win.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I would vote for Hillary but she would lose.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I would vote for Condie and she would win.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I would vote for Condie but she would lose.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    [I’ve been meaning to do this one for quite some time.]

Hillary or Condie in ‘08?</span>

Of course, here on PriusChat, Condie has a built-in bias going against her in the poll . . . she is conservative and black. No, I’m not saying PriusChatters are racist - the PriusChat race poll shows a lack of a true representative proportion of African Americans.

Considering the bias, I still think the poll and thread could be interresting . . . so here it goes:

<span style=\'color:green\'>“Dick Morris has certainly had an interesting career. He first came to public attention as the gray eminence behind Bill Clinton’s rehabilitation after the 1994 GOP takeover of Congress.â€

“He [Dick Morris] believes that there is only one person that can prevent the long, national nightmare of a Hillary Clinton Presidency. Her name is Condoleezza Rice, currently Secretary of State.

Morris suggests that against most male candidates that the GOP could nominate, Hillary would win on the strength among traditional Democratic constituencies such as blacks and professional women. The exceptions would be Rudi Giuliani and John McCain. But Giuliani is too socially liberal for most GOP primary voters and McCain is too—well—unstable.

That leaves Condi Rice, an African American woman of considerable intelligence, talent, and accomplishment. Rice would peel off a great many votes among woman and minorities, up to fifty percent of blacks suggests Morris.â€

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1...y_the_next.html

SO, what do you think?

2. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I can’t believe I misspelled "lose." T I r e d! Or is that Tard? :huh: ;)

3. prius_colony

prius_colony New Member

This sure seems like a heavily political board... I thought it was about the Prius?

Where's the "I wouldn't vote for either", or is was this meant to polarize...?

4. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

Loose women!
    They get my vote! :p

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Welcome to Priuschat, PC. Yes, this is a car forum. But when there's not a horrible media report to debunk, technical codes to look up, or general driving questions needing answers, things bounce on a whole bunch of non-automotive topics.

I would not vote for either. If I had to vote for a Democrat, I would write in Obama. If I had to vote for a Republican, I would write in Ross Perot just to tick somone off.

6. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Almost all the forums and threads are Prius-related. The one that clearly isn't is Fred's House of Pancakes, where some of us who have another facet or two to our, um, sparkling personalities talk about several things---whimsical, political, traits that may or may not be related to the fact we're interested in the Prius, economics, religion, even family problems. No one who isn't interested in FHOP need even look at those threads, much less participate in them.

Then there are a couple of Lost Souls who "have no life", and eagerly frequent FHOP in hopes of stirring up trouble. We won't mention names. :p

7. prius_colony

prius_colony New Member

Thanks for the tip. How can I filter Fred's Pancakes from "View New Posts"?

8. craigcush

craigcush Member

9. LaughingMan

LaughingMan Active Member

Barack Obama in 08, though he's pretty young and inexperienced on the national level... but maybe that's what we need. New blood.

10. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Unfortunately, you can't filter Fred's out of the "View New Posts" page. Just perhaps check the forum that the thread is in before clicking it.

11. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hear, hear!!!

12. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    With you here, who needs Warren Beatty? (Or Arnold...)

OK, I can't stand it any longer. Your avatar is_____________?

13. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Here, here. :mellow:

I'm sure if I placed Bill Merchant as a poll choice he would receive more than a few votes - but this is an either-or exercise of a not too far fetched scenario, not an "If I were King, I would have Joe Blow on the presidential ballot.†If you can't vote for either one, too bad. Independents and write-in candidates could never win a real world race anyway.

This is Hillary vs. Condie only - no boys allowed.

14. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Who says I have to vote for a Republican or a Democrat??? I expect to vote for the Green Party candidate. Of course I hope to gawd that if it's Condoleeza vs. Hillary, that the Green Party candidate is a woman of color. I kind of like Angela Davis. She ran for vice-president once, on the CPUSA ticket with Gus Hall. I did vote for them on that occasion. I forget what year it was.

15. mlkco

mlkco Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

16. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I would have to vote for Condi, but only for a very sexist reason: there was a news blurb awhile back of her jogging. Oh man does she look hot in spandex! That is one HEALTHY woman!

:rolleyes:

17. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    So, Dick Morris sees Condi as the only way to avoid "the nightmare of a Hillary Clinton presidency"? What planet is this guy living on? How about the present nightmare of the GWB administration, for which Condi is a primary spokesperson/torture maven?

Condi is waaaaay too tainted by her defense of Bush's monstrous foreign policies which alienated virtually the entire world, plunged us into the greatest debt in our history, and, of course, killed thousands of innocent Iraqis in a delusional vision of pan-Arab democracy.

Condi, along with her boss, stands for an administration that has violated almost every precept we claim to stand for; the latest is the tortuing of CIA detainees.

Good God, Morris, wake up!!!! Godzilla would be a better choice.

I vote for Hillary!
    Bob
    p.s. I thought I posted this last night, but if it shows up as a duplicate, I apologize for taking up more than my share of webspace.

18. LaughingMan

Like I posted before Condelezza Rice will not likely run for the Presidency. She's a single woman with no children. Though she will have a lot of clout in the areas of national security and foreign policy, it'll be difficult to send a clear "family values" image with her.

I don't like that such a thing is important, but that's the reality.

19. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I think Dick Morris is a very shrewd man politically, but I think he is wrong. Condi Rice has a better chance of getting the Republican nomination than hillary does of getting the Democratic. Obviously, I could be wrong but I think the Democrats will try to run someone from the midwest or the south. I think it is their only chance at winning the election unless the Republican nominee is a complete moron(i couldn't reist!). Seriously, a northeast liberal(and that is what Hillary is and certainly will be painted as) will not become President for several generations.

20. LaughingMan

Barack Obama is someone from the midwest :).

A little on the young side though... he's sitll got that Mr. Smith Goes to Washington idealism... i can see it in his eyes.