1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

His & Her Diary...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by amm0bob, Nov 20, 2010.

1. amm0bob

amm0bob Permanently Junior...

The last place on earth to get cable, Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Her Diary:
    Tonight, I thought my husband was acting weird. We had made plans to meet at a nice restaurant for dinner. I was shopping with my friends all day long, so I thought he was upset at the fact that I was a bit late, but he made no comment on it. Conversation wasn't flowing, so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk. He agreed, but he didn't say much. I asked him what was wrong; He said, 'Nothing.' I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset. He said he wasn't upset, that it had nothing to do with me, and not to worry about it. On the way home, I told him that I loved him. He smiled slightly, and kept driving. I can't explain his behavior I don't know why he didn't say, 'I love you, too.' When we got home, I felt as if I had lost him completely, as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore. He just sat there quietly, and watched TV. He continued to seem distant and absent. Finally, with silence all around us, I decided to go to bed. About 15 minutes later, he came to bed. To my surprise, he responded to my caress, and we made love. But I still felt that he was distracted, and his thoughts were somewhere else. He fell asleep - I cried. I don't know what to do. I'm almost sure that his thoughts are with someone else. My life is a disaster.

His Diary:
    Boat wouldn't start, can't figure it out, at least I got laid. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    lol soo very true.

3. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    +1

So true

I just women could figure that out. They wouldn't get so worked up then

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    So why didn't he just tell her "I'm annoyed because the boat wouldn't start."?

5. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    You're kidding right?

For the same reason we don't want to hear anything about their "monthly" issues

6. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That one is great. A direct hit.

Tom

7. rcf@eventide.com

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    4 people like this.
  8. amm0bob

amm0bob Permanently Junior...

The last place on earth to get cable, Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II

:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:

God, I love this place...

9. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Well, I know I have no social skills whatsoever. But if I ever did have a girlfriend, and I was upset because the boat wouldn't start (assuming here that I had a boat) and she asked me "What's wrong, Daniel?" I would reply "I'm upset because the boat wouldn't start. Do you know anything about boat motors?"

2 people like this.
  10. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i tell my wife, it's the boat, it's not you, but she still takes it personally.:rolleyes:

11. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I bet you ask directions when you're lost, too.

1 person likes this.
  12. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'll tell you why, Daniel... because men do this thing called "caving" when they are upset about something, and it makes them so self-centered that they don't REALIZE that they are acting "weird" or "different"... so, they think that if their gf/wife is asking them questions, it must be the gf/wife's issue!

The biggest issue is that most women don't understand what men do when something has them puzzled/frustrated - go hide in their cave, taking most of their marbles with them. Leave them alone, and eventually they'll come out again, and have no concept that they were even missed.

1 person likes this.
  13. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Absolutely! And not only when I'm lost: I ask directions just to make sure I'm heading the right way.

I've always known there was something fundamentally different about me.

That's the wrong way to phrase it. "It's not you" leaves open the hint that somehow it is her. Especially when your body language is giving off ambiguous signals. And when "It's not you" in woman-speak means "It is you." You don't say "It's the boat, it's not you." You say, "The boat wouldn't start and I can't figure out why." Make it clear that it's between you and the boat." Then ask her for suggestions. This brings her in on the solution side.

14. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    well said, but way too logical. when the boat won't start, i'm too frustrated to think that clearly.

15. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Furthermore, why be married if you can't blame your spouse for anything that goes wrong?

Tom

2 people like this.
  16. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If you haven't done so already, please turn in your Guy License right now.

I think I see the lack-of-girlfriend problem now. You also like the Twilight books, right?

Well, there you go. The problem is you're barking up the wrong tree, so to speak. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

17. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Oh this problem is so much worse than I could have imagined

18. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    she gets enough abuse without blaming her for the boat motor too!:D

19. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I've always known I didn't fit in.

I find the twit of a heroine very annoying, and vampires CANNOT go out in sunlight, and they are NEVER nice to humans. But the story line is fun and adventurous. Yes, I enjoyed reading them. I liked the wolves best.

Maybe I should have been a woman. But I'm not attracted to guys. Maybe I'm a lesbian woman in a man's body.

Or maybe all this stereotyping of how men and women are "supposed" to be is just bullshit. (But I definitely have a constitutional inability to grasp "body language" and I have no social skills. Someone said I probably have Asperger's syndrome. Asperger's is on the autism spectrum and is characterized by high intelligence, very high verbal skills, pedantic speech patterns, but poor social skills and essentially zero non-verbal communication skills. This could actually explain my lack of a girlfriend. There is no cure for Asperger's, no medicine, and talking therapy, which I have tried extensively, is singularly ineffective.)

20. Psych_Prof

Psych_Prof New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    BINGO! Daniel, you're awesome, and seriously--I'm not sure why you don't have a wife/gf, but your attitude here is nothing but REFRESHING!

Listen up guys: Some of you on this thread could really stand to take a lesson or two from Daniel. Stereotypes are just that--not that they're *never* true, but just as often in many cases, they're way off the mark.

We could do with less john gray (men are from mars...) BS. People are people; differences abound.
    :cheer2:

1 person likes this.