1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hit and Run - Need Fix Up Paint..Help!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by melodytong, Apr 2, 2009.

1. melodytong

melodytong New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi Guys .. on Sunday someone hit and run-ned my prius while I was in a restaurant eating...in the freakin suburbs!! :(

There are scratches all over the back left corner of my bumper and a smalll deep scratch that's about an inch long that is missing paint now... just wanted to see if anyone had tips of the best way to fix it.. i heard fixup paint but not sure where to get it..etc. Also is it safe to get the car details (so get the scratches out)...before i put on the fix up paint? people have said to wax it before putting on the fixup paint but im scared it will rust...

SUPER depressed..but just grateful there are no dents...and this is bound to happen..UGH 2 hits in 1 year :(

2. wb9tyj

wb9tyj 2017 Prius Prime Advanced

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    understand how you feel...we were hit and run on our 2004 prius last week...broke the taillight and messed up the bumper...over $1000 in damage...it used to be people would leave a note on your wiper for contact info...not any more...the clueless generation and stupids have taken over society....

3. Rokeby

Rokeby Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  4. bestmapman

bestmapman 04, 07 ,08, 09, 10, 16, 21 Prime

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Also the dealer has great touch up paint.

5. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm assuming since your car is a 2008, that the paint is pristine (other than the areas damaged in this recent incident.) If this is the case, I suggest you pay $500 to have a body shop repaint the entire rear bumper. Good luck.

6. TidelandProud

TidelandProud Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I totally agree with Patrick. If you want it to look good, better to have it done professionally. Alternatively, since it's the bumper, you could chalk it up as a part that's expected to sustain damage and defer repair. I was told by dealer that there's no risk of bumper rusting.

7. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Plastic doesn't rust.