1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

hit rear of taxi - Prius grille dislodged?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by silver1156, Nov 9, 2007.

1. silver1156

silver1156 New Member

During daylight time (hours), DW bumped rear of taxi that had turned right (on red) into right-most "merge" lane where two lanes of 45 mph traffic were to the left. Due to another driver making a U-turn, winding up in the same direction, the taxi apparently stopped and DW driving 2005 silver Prius stopped not quite in time.
    In daylight today, DW says the grille is dislodged (but not fallen out). Our insurance deductible is one thousand dollars American. This very minor bump happened to anyone else? What did insurance-recommended body shop charge?

2. derkraut

derkraut Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Silver1156 @ Nov 9 2007, 01:10 PM) [snapback]537404[/snapback]</div>

My grille was practically ripped off my car this summer when I hit a pheasant. I simply took it all the way off, super-glued the cracked/broken area, and replaced the grille. It was very easy to do, and you cannot tell that it was damaged at one time. :)

3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Although I don't have any practical experience I agree with dirk. Might as well block the grill while you have it apart.