1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hiya Grampa!

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by kenmce, Nov 26, 2023.

1. kenmce

kenmce High Voltage Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    I was going down the interstate this weekend. I was all the way over in the far right-hand lane puttering along at about 74 MPH, because that is the slow lane on that road. On my left this deep green first gen. Prius comes zipping on by and was gone before I could react. It's been a while, but I used to have an "Aqua Ice Opalescent" first gen, one of Toyotas more bizarre colors, and I still know one when I see one.

The owners' probably in the 300K club by now, but it was a fine thing to see them go zipping by. If you're in here, please consider this my wave, "Hiya Gramps, You keep right on goin!" (y)

#1 kenmce, Nov 26, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2023
    ammdb likes this.
  2. ronlewis

ronlewis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Not a lot of us left, but you still see them. Lots more in CA though. I drive mine every day. Weird, I sold a spare battery I had to a guy just a few miles from my house, and I'd never seen him driving around that area. And there's still some with low miles - I've bought three with under 100k in the last month. You know anyone that wants to buy one, lmk.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i see one every once in awhile, and they're always mint