1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Home Heating Oil Hits $5.00 A Gallon

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by NYPrius1, Jun 9, 2008.

1. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Got my lock in contract for this winter's home heating oil today. They are charging 5.00 A gallon .:eek:
    Was told they expect the price to be well over 5.00 this winter. :mad:

2. Scummer

Scummer Eh?

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I can't wait for cheap solar cells. I will be plastering my roof with that stuff so I can power my geothermal heat pump from the sun. Screw heating oil and heating gas.

3. EJFB1029

EJFB1029 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You guys want some of our South Texas heat for the winter? You can run pipelines down and have some of our winter heat if you want? :D

It was pretty cold for like 4 or 5 days this winter, it was down in the 50's for a few days, we almost froze. :flame:

4. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Many of us in warmer regions can't really relate to the magnitude of the problem. Besides the cost of heating oil, many of the houses in the northern tiers are older and not well insulated, and those old houses aren't broken down into heating zones, so if you want to heat the tv room you must heat the whole 3 stories. The houses have often been in the family for generations, so to just sell or abandon them feels like betraying the ancestors.

My relatives are envious that I have the ability to only heat the room I am presently in. One really feels for the elderly who are on fixed incomes and are sitting around in the freezing dark trying to decide if they dare go food shopping today, because if a cold spell swoops down on them they will have to either eat, heat, or pay for major repairs when pipes freeze. Catch a cold? then it's either eat, heat or get meds. Do they really deserve to live with such life and death choices at the end of their productive lives?

Does our country really need about 380 BILLIONAIRES and about 3 MILLION MILLIONAIRES when our grannys are freezing in the dark counting change and making life and death decisions based on basic finances? Is there something wrong with this picture??