1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Home remedies?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by marjflowers, Apr 15, 2006.

1. marjflowers

marjflowers New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Anyone know any home remedies for nausea? Has to be something I have in the house, since I feel too much like crap to go out.

I've heard catnip tea helps. Anybody know about that?

BTW, I am NOT pregnant, and I can't get in to see the dr. till Monday!

Peace --

2. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Do you happen to have any fresh ginger root in the house?

If so, make a tea with some of it. Slice off some thin slices about 1/16 to 1/8" thick, about 10 or 12, then put it into a pot with about a pint of water, bring to a slow boil, then shut off the heat and let steep for about 5 to 10 min, then drink.

3. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Nausia:
    Remedy: USA Ingredients: One cube of Beef Boullion, a small pot, and water.
    Remedy: U.S.A. Ingredients: Water White Wine Vinegar Instructions: Stir 1 tbsp.
    Remedy: USA Ingredients: Coffee & water Instructions: Drink the coffee with NO SUGAR OR CREAM.

diarrhea:
    Ingredients: Fresh Lime Juice
    Cornstarch
    Water
    Instructions: Squeeze about 2-3 limes in a glass. Add water and cornstarch (3 tsp or more depending on how bad the diarrhea is) and mix.you can add sugar for flavor if you'd like.

stomach viruses,
    Ingredients: 2 heaping tsps. ground cinnamon in 8 cups of water or
    2 Cinnamon capsules as often as needed
    Instructions: Boil cinnamon in water and strain or run water through automatic coffee maker, placing cinnamon in basket. This makes a tea, sweetened, iced or hot that can be sipped to actually CURE a stomach virus. If you begin throwing up, keep on sipping the cinnamon "tea" until vomiting stops.Cinnamon capsules can be purchased at some health food stores now and are not only excellent for curing stomach viruses, but are extremely good at stopping viral infections, including colds and flu. IndigestionAdd 4 tablespoons of Baking Soda to a Coffee Cup size glass filled with warm water. Drink the mixture as fast as you can. The taste is horrible - kind of fishy but it definitely works! give it about 5-10 minutes. My great grandmother would put a tablespoon of pumpkin spices into a 8oz glass of water. Give it a couple of stirs with the spoon and drink. It works very well for upset stomach also throwing up.
    Enjoy! :D

4. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tleonhar @ Apr 15 2006, 01:24 PM) [snapback]240257[/snapback]</div>
    Ginger and mint tea. Best thing out there. Even works for car sickness.

5. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    When we were little my Mom always used 7Up and saltines.

6. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    When DW and I were first married I managed to catch a good case of the flu. DW says "don't go anywhere (like I was going to have any distance between me and the bathroom), she comes back in about 10 min with this brew. She tells me to drink it, my reaction was kind of "I don't know about this" but with her further urging iI cautiously started sipping the ginger tea. The reaction was almost immediate, the turning and twisting in my stomach subsided and within what seemed like an hour, I was back to normal.

The 7up and crackers was also a staple in our household when I was a kid.

7. AuntBee

AuntBee New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Plain ole ginger snap cookies settle a sick tummy. I vote for the saltine and 7-up cure mentioned above as well. Sometimes the simplest things work the best.

8. marjflowers

marjflowers New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The only thingI had in the house was saltines, and they didn't help much. But finally I was able to go to sleep, and I feel tons better -- for now. First order of business -- go to the store and stock up on some of your suggested remedies.

Thanks for all suggestions!

Peace --

9. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marjflowers @ Apr 16 2006, 04:13 AM) [snapback]240458[/snapback]</div>
    Good to hear that you're feeling better Marjorie. Get some real ginger ale or ginger beer. That will keep for a long time and you can have it on hand when you need it. My kids like Thomas Kemper's.