1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Homebrew Line in

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by molain, Apr 3, 2006.

1. molain

molain Junior Member

Has anyone figured out to what connector pins one would connect an audio signal in the '04 Prius with standard CD player? In my old Subaru, I took out the radio and traced the inputs to the connector, where the radio signal was passed through jumpers in the connector. I suspect the Prius might not be so simple, but I'd like to attempt the same. If someone else has already figured out the connector, I'd love not to have to take the whole CD player apart! As an electrical engineer, I find it hard to convince myself to spend $200 on an ice-link or similar device when I know there's a way I can hack a line-in for free.

If nobody can give me a reply, I'll post what I find out. Actual modification will have to wait until I can get my CD player replaced under warranty, it has a nasty habit of not taking CD's when it should, and I doubt they'd be willing to replace one with random wires soldered to it.

Thanks!
    -Ben