1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Homelink problem

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by chetto, Jul 5, 2007.

1. chetto

chetto New Member

Hey guys, all the info I've found on this page has been really helpful. I did a search on the Homelink transmitter but nothing comes up so I was hoping some one might help me out. Here is the thing:

I live in an apartment complex with controlled access (need a remote to open front gate). I've been trying to program the Homelink Transmitter for quite awhile but have had no succes. I have followed every single step of every which way on the manual and still yet nothing. Am I missing some step in the manual? Am I just not getting it? :blink: I don't think it's faulty bc everything appears normal but the responses i get from the homelink are not the responses the manual says i should be expecting ( when the indicator light changes from a slow to a rapid flash after 20 secs...) I just get a slow, constant flash from red to green. Some one help? :D

Thanks 2 u guys I'm getting great mileage right off the bat on my new(used) '04, so keep up the good work and thanks!

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    It was easy to do at my house, but not at my parent's house. The instructions didn't work, until I saw the manual for the opener itself. It showed a second method, which worked the first time.

3. greentea39

greentea39 New Member

I live an apartment that has the garage door as well.
    I successfully set up mine. The first method in the manual did not work but the second method worked!
    I think you should try #4 in the second method. Don't give up! It has been very useful.

4. tnewlean

tnewlean New Member

I was surprised at this, but I had to perform the action of clearing the Prius Homelink transmitter memory (transmitter buttons 1 and 3 held down for 20 seconds?) before mine would accept programming from our garage remote. Surprised because the car had 3 miles on it when we picked it up from the dealer 3 weeks ago, and I would think that the transmitter would be in a ready-to-program state in a brand-new vehicle.

5. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chetto @ Jul 5 2007, 05:38 PM) [snapback]473750[/snapback]</div>
    Just keep pressing the button until the speed of the flashing light changes. It takes considerably longer than the manual states.