1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Homelink Sync?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by flumazenil, Apr 1, 2010.

1. flumazenil

flumazenil New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have tried to sync the homelink to my garage door opener using the rolling code instructions in the book. I can seem to get it to sync. Any hints?

2. barrybie

barrybie New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    We have a Genie opener. On it you have to push the button under light cover to have it search for the Homelink. Then went through normal instructions and it worked fine.

3. rldolsen

rldolsen New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    It took me about three tries to get it to work. I went to the garage door opener manufacturer's website (Genie, in my case) and found the instructions there a bit more explicit than in the Prius' owner's manual.

Also, unlike the regular remote control, I have to hold down the button on the mirror a full second or two. If I just press & release, it doesn't open.

4. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Homelink.com has instructions for various garage opener brands.

5. llyons

llyons Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I did the same thing about 5 times. It finally worked and I didn't do anything different from the first time. :p

6. toyolover

toyolover Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    I did find it difficult to sync when comparing with my last few vehicles. I got it done but now I don't use it because I found the switch on the mirror not so convenient. I had to raise my hand up high to get to the switch. What I do now is to use double-sided tape and taped my key fob size opener next to the Start switch. When I switch off my car, I can move my finger next to it and open/close my garage door without putting my hand up the mirror. This is much more ergonomical.

7. chrisj428

chrisj428 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced

:doh: :tape2:

8. Surfdolfin

Surfdolfin Surfin the Blizzard Pearl

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Flu: My Genie 'remote' opener would not work the homelink, so had to use the button on the motor case, and even that took a few tries.
    Good luck. Bart in SoCAL:cool: