1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HomeLink system in rear-view mirror; will reprogramming gate entry mess up other link?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by howardbc, Oct 1, 2009.

1. howardbc

howardbc Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have a 2008 Prius with an after-market HomeLink mirror. For almost 1 1/2 years it has worked fine, but starting yesterday the arm would not go up on the gate at my subdivision. Other residents could enter just fine, so something is wrong with the signal between my HomeLink and the arm. This same HomeLink also works my garage door opener just fine. The gate company can't see any problem (of course), so they are asking me to re-program the gate code. Question: if I can figure out how to re-program the gate code, will this mess up the garage door process? Thanks.

2. EZW1

EZW1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Shouldn't, provided you use a different button for each. The Homelink mirror has 3 programmable buttons. I use one for my garage door, and a second for the entry gate into the subdivision. The third is unused right now.

In our subdivision, the gardener one time cut the antenna wire to the gate. This reduced its sensitivity and I noticed this when I started having intermittent problems opening it. What tipped me off was when it started working real good again, I noticed the antenna wire dangling from the box it comes out of. It must've been routed somewhere eles because I never noticed it before until after the repair when they left it dangle. Check your gate's antenna wire. If that doesn't work, then you may need to reporgram your mirror.