1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Homelink w/Ademco home security system

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by cmlawrence, Sep 13, 2007.

1. cmlawrence

cmlawrence New Member

Hello,

Just got a brand-new shiny 2007 Prius with all the bells and whistles.

I've been unable to get the Homelink system to recognize my home security activate/deactivate commands.

I have a Honeywell/Ademco security system, with an RF remote that enables me to turn it on and off. The Prius homelink system doesn't seem to recognize the signal, and I'm unable to program it.

Anyone else successfully get their Prius to arm/disarm a home security system?

Thanks,

Craig

2. jennifer8055

jennifer8055 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius

If you're looking for a home security system comparison you should check out usalarmcompanies.info . They give you a free complete comparison of the various home alarm system providers in the US and you can choose one based on the size of your home, your requirements, budget etc.

3. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    i thought only homelink works with garage door openers and x10 devices

there are two ways to add the homelink, one is to clone the signal, which usually cannot be done because 99 % of all garage door openers are rolling code devices, gone are the days of garage door openers with dip switches to set the code

the other way to add homelink is to press the 'add remote' button on the garage door/system, and then press the buttons on the mirror

one of the issues that has come up on priuschat at least once, is that you do not need the keys or to put the car in accessory, on, or start the car, to get the garage door opener to run, btw. its a reason to keep the car in the garage and not outside the house, or its an argument to have that alarm system turned on in the lower packages.

4. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    HomeLink will activate/deactivate home/office lighting and small appliances; lock/unlock entry door locks; and open/close gates.
    HomeLink is an integrated transceiver (a transmitter and receiver) that can be programmed to activate radio frequency (RF) devices such as garage doors, estate/community gates, entry door locks, home/office lighting, or other RF devices.
    HomeLink is compatible with radio-frequency devices operating between 288 and 399 MHz (exclusive of the restricted 322-335 MHz range). Select 2007 and newer vehicles are compatible up to 433 MHz (exclusive of the restricted 400-410 MHz range). Please contact us by email or phone (1-800-355-3515) to verify vehicle compatibility

i cant program it...
    You can either call our customer service number (1-800-355-3515) or contact us by email for complete programming assistance. First try the following troubleshooting tips:
    Check the frequency of the device’s hand-held transmitter (usually found on the back). HomeLink is compatible with radio-frequency devices operating between 288-399MHz (some 2007 and newer vehicles may be compatible up to 433MHz. Please contact us for vehicle compatibility).
    Put a brand new, store bought battery in the hand-held transmitter. During the programming process the battery's energy tends to drain (more so with an older battery). A new battery will increase the speed and accuracy in which the hand-held transmitter sends its signal to HomeLink.
    Retrain HomeLink holding the hand-held transmitter at different lengths and angles from the HomeLink button you are trying to program. Try 4-6 inches away at a different angle.
    Cycle the hand-held transmitter during programming: Press and hold the HomeLink button while you press and release the hand-held transmitter every 2 seconds until the indicator light changes from a slow blink to a rapid flash.
    To verify HomeLink has programmed, press and hold the HomeLink button and observe the indicator light:
    If the indicator light remains solid, it has picked up the signal and should operate the device.
    If the indicator light blinks rapidly for two seconds and turns solid, HomeLink has successfully picked up the rolling code signal. Please follow the rolling code instructions outlined in the "programming a garage door opener" section to complete the process.
    If the indicator light remains a slow blink, HomeLink has not picked up the signal from the hand-held remote. Try programming the button again or choose another button to program.

i