1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. patee987

patee987 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I purchased a new Blizzard Pearl '10 yesterday.:cheer2: I love it, I traded in a Barcelona Red '07 Prius, which I also loved. Anyway, my old Prius did have Homelink before I purchased it, and the new one had it installed for me as it did not come w/any of the packages. I have the Solar Roof package in a III.

My old Homelink loaded my garage door immediately, with no problems. When I tried to do it last night, every time I pressed the buttons, the indicator light on the mirror turned red and would not do a thing w/the garage door. I wonder why the old one worked perfectly and this doesn't. If I have to press the "learn" button on the actual opener on the garage roof, I am in huge trouble, it is at least 12 feet up. I do know that my remote opener looks ancient, but it works. I paid extra for the mirror so I need to get it working. Any suggestions? Why does a red light come on? Please help....thanks!

2. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You are in trouble.

You *must* learn the new remote (car) to your garage door opener - this means "pressing the button 12 feet up". Your other choice is using the remote that came with the unit, and storing it in the sun glass holder (with a little two sided sticky tape - as I did). There is no way around this.

You could also drive out to So Cal, and I'd be glad to loan you my extension ladder.

3. tickmark40

tickmark40 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

It seems your Homelink is doing the same as mine did. I had to have the salesman come out and climb the ladder to the controller button on the door opener while I pressed the buttons in the car. It is really a two person job. sorry...

It works great now.

4. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    On second thought - and seeing you are a veteran of 2 posts....

In what world are you living where you have a garage door opener at 12 feet?

My garage as measured has 13 foot ceilings - but the garage opening is a standard 7' - the garage opener hence is 7' 8".

Are you parking a bus in you garage? Maybe a train (bigger than a bus).

I think your imagination has gotten the better of you...