1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Honda Civic hybrid sighting

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by JackDodge, Mar 9, 2006.

1. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I was driving along to work this morning, driving the posted 55 mph limit. Another car was in the lane on my left and just ahead of me by maybe two car lengths. There were cars in the lane on my right. All of a sudden, a car came zipping up next to me, sped up and floored it by cutting in front of me and off he went at, I'm guessing, 65 (based on how fast he pulled away), but not before I noticed the Honda Civic Hybrid emblem on the right rear side. I just sort of smiled and thought "rookie". :rolleyes:

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I saw my first one the other day, and couldn't help but laugh... both side mirrors had already been stolen off of it for their built-in turn signal lamps. My buddy is picking his up in the next week or so and that was the first thing he mentioned when he saw that they added them to the hybrid and not the standard Civic - "Oh great, now someone's going to rip those off of mine to put on his DX."

3. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Another fringe benefit of the Prius, eh? No gas-only twin to compete with parts for. The thieves could look at the Prius and say "naw, we could steal the mirrors but they wouldn't fit anything else." Of course, it seems kind of stupid to steal them off of the Civic hybrid since anyone driving around in a DX with hybrid mirrors would have to be guilty of something.

4. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    a TDI Jetta from Canada cut me off. What a bastard.. i wanted to punch his balls

5. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

WOW! That's some serious speeding! :lol:

6. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hey watch it! We are on a hybrid forum here! 65 is our top speed! <_< :angry: :p

7. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Heh, yeah, I know... When in the Prius, 75 feels like I'm REALLY speeding, whereas on my bike 90 is par for course... :ph34r:

8. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmm.. a local radio station has a Ford Escape Hybrid... it was accelerating quickly.. much more than I was. Of course it was travelling at > 60 as I was already at 60km/h