1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Honda decides eco-features, not hot people at the beach, should define Insight ads

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by cwerdna, Dec 15, 2009.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Honda decides eco-features, not hot people at the beach, should define Insight ads — Autoblog Green

Notable quote:
    This isn't the first time Honda's admitted they aren't happy w/the sales.

1 person likes this.
  2. Celtic Blue

Celtic Blue New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I can't blame marketing for the existing product. However, I don't understand the design of the existing product, which came up very short. Nor do I understand the the product placement (name used) which is a marketing function.

First point: this is a smaller car that gets worse gas mileage and with inferior performance than its competition or predecessor. Hello? That's a massive fail and I would be embarrassed to have produced a smaller vehicle that didn't at least equal the competition on such performance benchmarks. There is no justification left for the product...

Second point: Why name it after a superior product in a different class? Way to destroy an overarching product differention point. It gives "killing two birds with one stone" a wholly unintended and unfortunate new meaning. The Insight can't even find footing compared to its own stable.

Honda blew it, massively.

3. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Can't we have both? :D

How about hot people talking about eco features while at the beach?

1 person likes this.
  4. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My favorite commercial at the moment features hot people (women) at the beach. In fact, it's called "Beaches".