1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

honda fit hybrid to own market?

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by emuman, Mar 4, 2006.

1. emuman

emuman New Member

i was wondering if the honda fit hybrid, which will come out in a yr or so, will take over the market, considering it is 12 thousand.......only 1700 premium over gas only version, and suppossedly gives between 40-50 mpg B)

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    It'll be good to have more hybrids out. I don't really care for the way it looks in the back, but maybe if I see one in person I'd be interested. That was with me and the Prius, love at first sight. :)

3. emuman

emuman New Member

i would think that it'll be a wonderful commuter car, and for the people just starting out and going to college and stuff.... ;)

4. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I think, at least for now, there's a limit to how small a car Americans will be willing to accept as their 'main' car.

In much of the rest of the world, cars are generally smaller, and the Fit will certainly do well there if it's technically sound.

Part of the appeal of the Prius in America is that it does have the size to be a practical primary car, not just a 'city' car or a 'commuter' car.

Remember, in Europe the Prius is categorized as a 'large' car.

I think there will be plenty of market for the Fit. It may well become the City/Commuter/College car of choice. (But, I also suspect it won't have the market to itself. Smarts and Hyundai Hybrids will be along shortly.)

But, it will be some time before a car that small can 'own' the market. I think the Hybrid Camry stands a better chance of being a mainstream hit.

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Even though I carpool most days, my Prius is still only half full. There are two of us and sometimes just me. I do not need to haul anything to/from work and a car large enough for two would suit me just fine.