1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Honda IMA

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Tideland Prius, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Was browsing the Honda UK site and noticed that their Civic Hybrid is much better equipped than ours and much cheaper than the Prius.

It has foglights, leather seats, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, heated front seats, rear cupholders, rear centre armrest, height adjustable driver's seat and CD with RDS and front-seat side airbags (I think it's std in US?). Optional is a DVD sat nav.

A 5-spd manual is the only option. Max speed is 111mph with 0-60 in 12.8 secs. It runs on the Acura EL alloy wheels (195/60R15 spec).

It costs around £14,000 while a base Prius T3 starts around £17,500 and tops out around £20,000

2. Prolene

Prolene New Member

3. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Interesting -- the price difference in the US is not as extreme as the U.K., apparently.

Since I bought the Prius over the HCH for engineering reasons (I think the HSD is too d*mn cool), my judgement of which is better is clouded by that. However, if they had both had HSD, I probably would have gotten the Prius because it's a hatchback.