1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Honda only driver now loves his Prius!!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by luvmypriushybrid, Dec 2, 2010.

1. luvmypriushybrid

luvmypriushybrid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    hey all you other Prius lovers.

My name is Matt, i am 33 and live in South Florida..Fort Lauderdale actually.
    I bought my first car in 1992 when i was 15. It was a 1980 Toyota Corolla 2-door Hatchback with a rebuilt engine that had 150,000 miles on it. It ran beautifully and the cars exterior and interior were flawless.
    I bought it from a friend of my dad's for only $500, and it even had one of those pop-up sunroofs that you could take out and store in the hatchback.

a few years later i sold it to a Corolla collector for $850 and used it as a down payment for a Honda Civic. Every car since then has been a Honda.
    Two Honda Civics and in 2008, an 2008 Honda Fit Sport.

But I have always been obsessed with the Toyota Prius and it's technology. Especially how it sips gas.
    I hate the fact that we are destroying our beautiful planet using fossil fuels, and me purchasing a Prius is just one part of my life i have changed to decrease my own carbon footprint.

I have been absolutely impressed with the Prius, i bought a Prius II, and it has blown me away with it's sexy styling, fun and entertaining instrument panel, comfortable drivers seat and i cannot believe how quiet it is!!
    My Honda Fit Sport was loud, but i didn't realize how loud it was until I drove the Prius on the highway for the first time.
    The electronic CVT is just amazing. I have always heard from both magazines and drivers that CVT's were loud and annoying while bringing very little benefit compared to a comparable 5 or 6-speed automatic transmission.
    But i am glad to say that when it comes to the Prius and its CVT, that could not be further from the truth.

Sorry this is so long, but i am just so in love with my Prius. At least 4 or 5 days a week, i will take a nice long drive along the beaches just so i can get out and drive around to show off the car. I love watching the look on people's faces as i drive by on electric power only, with no noise coming from the vehicle.

I am looking forward to reading and learning more about the Prius in these threads

2. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Welcome and congratulations on your new purchase. I am also a Honda owner and now a Prius owner.

My only wish was that the Prius was made by Honda. The Honda dealership and service department here is just in a totally different class than the Toyota dealership and service department. The Honda dealership seems to understand the term "customer satisfaction" much better than Toyota. Toyota's motto seems to be "our way or the highway".

Sorry about the soapbox. Back to the subject :) , I love my Prius just as much now as when purchased 15 months ago.