1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Honda's hybrid CR-Z to arrive in months: 36/38 mpg w/CVT, 31/37 w/manual

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by cwerdna, Jan 11, 2010.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Honda's hybrid CR-Z to arrive in months | 2010 Detroit auto show - CNET Reviews

Those are pretty disappointing numbers if you ask me. I wonder what the price and curb weight will be.

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

Same thing I said to myself before seeing you already stated it...

3. DeadPhish

DeadPhish Senior Member

Outer Banks of NC.. Retired to play golf and poker
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes. Why? It's another variation on an old theme from back in the beginning of the last decade. Honda has painted itself into the corner of irrelevancy.

4. drees

drees Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    < 40 mpg highway stinks these days, especially for a hybrid.

Isn't GM (Cruze) or Ford (Fiesta) going to have a small car which gets 40mpg on the highway in the next year or two - without any hybrid tech?

I bet you it gets pretty close to the city numbers, too.

Edit: Current Mini gets 28 city, 37 hwy. Have BMW throw in a few Efficient Dynamics tricks to bump up the city fuel economy and put it in a body that is a bit more aerodynamic than a brick and it will easily beat the CR-Z in fuel economy and still be fun to drive.

5. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    From the honda site

-Weight (lbs., preliminary estimates): Approximately 2,670 (MT) to 2,725 (CVT)

- 122 horsepower (estimated) @ 6000 rpm (combined engine + IMA)
    - 128 lb-ft. of torque (estimated) @ 1,000 – 1,500 rpm (123 lb-ft. for CVT), (combined engine + IMA)

I can't tell from the numbers how the new car drives. I would think it is the fit hybrid that needs to get the high mpg numbers. The cr-z is the only sporty car in the honda line up. handling and acceleration are more important than fe in this car. It seems to be heavy for its horepower. The ima will give it anouther big feature compared to the mini which is auto engine off.