1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Honey, I bought a 'vette !

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by SageBrush, Apr 16, 2012.

1. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    [​IMG]

Courtesy of myperfectautomobile.com :D

2. ataylorracing

ataylorracing ataylorracing

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I wanted to buy a Vette once, my wife said that my penis wasn't short enough for me to have one!

3. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Stupidly built cars. In the 60's, awesome. In the 70's dated. In the 80's just plain silly. And today you have to be devoid of any intelligence to consider it a good vehicle. The HP for the price is awesome. Now getting that HP to actually be useful, is another story. Not to mention the curvature of the earth is about the sharpest angle it can comfortably corner.

4. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    If you wanted to buy a vette, and had to ask your wife.... Then she complemented your penis so that you wouldn't buy one:confused: Seems to me part of your manhood is missing:D
    I've got nothing against the vette. Its retro. Its the best evolution of the push rod engine. I just don't want one.

An old porsche is more my style:D If you are looking for retro american muscle car the new mustang seems to be dripping with it.

No reason to say bad things about the corvette toster, you drive a prius. Do you really think the prius can take curves anything like a corvette?

5. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    A Prius is one of many cars I drive.

The Prius does not corner as "well" as the corvette, but it isn't meant to. If the Prius was built as a performance machine, then it would be comparable. The Z06 I used to regularly ride in was a horribly uncomfortable car and cheaply built. It just looked chincy. Also you need to be a really really good driver to take advantage of the power in the corvette because it is squirly and all over the place. And even the best drivers will fail on a reasonable track environment. In a straight line, that is a different story. American cars are usually pretty good about going fast in a straight line, and the vette is no exception.

6. ataylorracing

ataylorracing ataylorracing

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I was only mentioning it. I married the RIGHT woman this time. She always says that I can spend my money any way I want to as long as all the bills are paid.

Back in 1993 and 1995 I raced at the Corvette Nationals held at Indy. In both years I was runner-up in my 11 second nitrous fed 85 Omni GLH turbo on the Saturday portion and also in both years I WON the Sunday portion with my 16 second 84 Horizon! They allowed any make of car to race. Back then my GLH was the quickest thing on the track...except for one Ligenfelter model. He was also in the 11s by about a half second better ET, but blew out a axle on his first round of eliminations. I must let you all know that this is bracket racing, where both drivers put their estimated ETs on the tower side window and the slower car gets the head start. In 09 I took a 96 3 banger Geo and made money 2 of the 3 times that I entered it. The first round of competition ever I beat a 7.70 170 mph Corvette with my 19.90 Geo...beat him on the reaction time with my .030 to his .036. We both ran .002 slower than what we put on the windows!

7. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I guess the Corvette/penis references compliment the Prius, since a couple of guys where I work refer to the Prius as a vagina on wheels. :D

8. austingreen

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Prius is a bad handling car. I've upgraded some parts so it doesn't suck as bad. It is also bad for its class. The corvette is a good handling car if you know how to drive it. It just doesn't handle as well as a porsche or a lotus. I've only driven one a few times, but did not get that feeling that it sucked, its just not a car for me. The average rental they give me at the airport though does handle better than my Prius.

+1
    Nice. Those penis references are normally made by idiots that have never driven anything decent. Glad it was only a slip of the tongue. A friend had a car in the shop and borrowed a bmw z, that thing actually looked like a penis.

9. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Once upon a time (early 90's) I thought fast AND 'cornering' was very important.

[​IMG]

But all that element thankfully wore off as I hit middle age status. But yea, Vett ... it really really says, 'midlife crisis'.
    1- Now, I'm not in a hurry, so 'pushing-it' is pointless
    2- Ballzout diving into a corner laced with oil or gravel, and you end up at the bottom of the cliff, just like the crappiest of 'cornering' cars ... so ... see point #1.
    :p

And when you're 6'-5" ... ANY champion cornering car has crummy seats. Cornering and wonderful seats simply don't naturally go together. Best I've ever found is 'so-so' comfort ... which is kind of a personal preference element anyway.

10. austingreen

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Hill, you just are getting old if you sometimes don't want to drive something fast. Unfortunately we have roads and cops. I'm sure I'll borrow something fast when the new F1 track is built here:D

For those that want a genuine porsche penis copy -
    Dartz Wraps Porsche 911 in Whale Penis Skin Vinyl - autoevolution news

11. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Old is a state of mind, I know people over 70 that do an occasional track day. I was 68 when I did my last one so have a few years to go.