1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Honk me up!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Rxmxsh, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Rxmxsh

Rxmxsh Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a base Prius. I LOVE it! The only thing that I wish I had is a feature of the honking horn when I lock my car. Is there a mod, or something I can do to make this happen? I hate having to look to see if the lights flash, or listen out for the soft "click" of the locks... :rolleyes: I know, it's dumb, but I figure it's worth the ask... :D

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Ours makes a little toot when it locks. I thought that was standard.

Tom

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Priapus goes [beep] when I remote lock.

When I remote unlock him, he goes [beep beep].

4. Rxmxsh

Rxmxsh Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Apr 5 2007, 09:13 PM) [snapback]418609[/snapback]</div>
    yea, but it's very base. no sks...

5. iaowings

iaowings New Member

I too have the bas model and am so glad it does not toot. I hate absolutely hat that. My mini did that I took it back to the dealer and made them program it not to do that. At first they said they cant but I had looked it up so they had to do it. like I said I hate that toot.

6. adam1991

adam1991 New Member

The Honda system is way superior--the beep is optional on a case by case basis. All you have to do is hit the lock button a second time in a row, and that's when it gives a little toot.

OTOH, Toyota's key unlock system is superior (well, ok, maybe not really relevant anymore, but still). Two twists of the key in the driver's door and all doors unlock. Honda: twist and hold for a few seconds, then all doors unlock. The two twists is MUCH better.

7. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IAO @ Apr 6 2007, 12:15 AM) [snapback]418611[/snapback]</div>
    The beep on the SKS is very quiet. I also dislike a horn blowing every time someone locks or unlocks, but the one on our Prius doesn't bother me. It's a good compromise.

Tom

8. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I prefer a soft beep over Honda's loud horn. I get the message. A soft beep is all I need to know it's locked. Also, if the beep is soft, I can hear the actual doors lock (cause sometimes with SKS, it beeps but doesn't lock if I don't close the door fast enough).

9. adam1991

adam1991 New Member

My 94 Lexus gives a soft beep--it even has a volume control on the dash to control the volume of the beep.

One beep for locked, two beeps for unlocked. Of course, the key itself has only one button on it, which simply triggers the locks to do the opposite of whatever they're doing now--so you have to know by the beeps what it's doing.

10. edselpdx

edselpdx Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Mine has SKS and it does beep (a pretty quiet electronic beep, not the horn) when I lock with either the door button or the fob itself. I had a neighbor who worked odd hours who used to wake me up with the horn beep on his lock. I'm soooo glad he moved. If I'm in loud surroundings, I also look at the lights when I lock, since the lights flash too.

11. Rxmxsh

Rxmxsh Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    ok - well now i know how everyone feels about the honking.... :rolleyes: does anyone know if i can enable this feature or modify my car to do this? B)

12. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rxmxsh @ Apr 6 2007, 04:07 PM) [snapback]419022[/snapback]</div>
    I've also got a package 1 and as far as I know, unless you get a car alarm installed...no beep.

I would have liked one too. My old Saturn would beep when I locked it. I liked that anyone seeing me leaving my car could hear that I locked it. I also liked the implication that the car had an alarm system, even though it didn't.

13. jgills240

jgills240 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've been trying to figure out a way to get all the doors to unlock when pushing the unlock button on the fob ONCE. Mine unlocks the drivers door the first press (beep-beep) then all doors upon the second press (another beep-beep). Manual only tells me how to get all the doors to unlock when using the auto unlock sensor in the outside door handle.