1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hood Deflector vs. Front End Mask?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by momsum, Aug 1, 2005.

1. momsum

momsum New Member

Hello Everyone! I've ordered my Tideland Pearl Pkg 6 and it is due to arrive within 2 weeks. I've been trying to plan my modifications. Does anyone have any ideas which would be better...deflector or mask?

Also, is window tinting a good idea even if I live in the northeast...summer heat lasts about 2mos. with scatered hot days after that.

Thanks in advance for your input! :mrgreen:

2. LuckyP

LuckyP New Member

I think the hood deflector is the better route. I have used bras in the past and they are a pain. As far as I know there are no hood deflectors available for '04, '05 models of the Prius. I am trying to set up a dealer to import a nice one that I that I got for my Sienna. I think the origin is in Japan and looks much better than any other for my Sienna. I have seen a pic of one on a Prius and it looks equally as good. If anyone is interested, I can try to set up a group buy but the order will have to be over 10 or more for a group buy (I am guessing).

3. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have the official Toyota hood deflector for the 04-05 Prius, complete with the hole in the middle for the Toyota logo. I bought it from a dealer in Canada and it cost a fortune to ship it to the US - just about doubled it's price from $40 to over $80.

It's very high quality, especially when compared to the "Bugflector" on my Jeep. The plastic is about twice as thick, and the mounting hardware makes the attachment very secure.

Due to the number of chips I'm getting in the bumper, I'm considering getting a bra too. I'll keep the hood deflector and just use the lower portion of the bra.

One of the board sponsors sells the same deflector - I think his price is higher, but his shipping is probably less since it's not coming from Canada.

4. LuckyP

LuckyP New Member

Priusenvy, please give me the info for your dealer. The best I could get for this deflector is $89.95 delivered and it would take a couple of months to get. He said he has 3 on order. Also I couldn't find the board sponsor you are referring to. Could you give me a link to that?

Thanks!

5. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  6. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I kind of like my front end mask. But my car is black so it blends in. On a Tideland you might not like the look of it.

7. momsum

momsum New Member

Thanks for your input! I found a bug deflector for the Prius at SigmaAutomotive.com It is $99 and includes shipping to US and Canada. Is there a site for clear bras?

Can't wait to get my car!!! :)

Thanks again!