1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hood guard/ bug deflector availability for '01 Classic Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by c4, Apr 17, 2005.

1. c4

c4 Active Member

Does anyone know if there's a hood guard or bug deflector (deflector preferred) available for the Classic Prius? The very front of the hood is taking a beating from stone chips, etc

I checked with the dealer and they list a hood guard (ie, a bra) for the 2002-2003 models but nothing for the 2001 (I was under the impression that the 2001-2003 models were the same body styling??), but the cost is listed at a pricey $160, and since it has to be ordered in, is a non-returnable item according to the dealer.. Even if I were interested in paying that much, the dealer couldn't confirm whether it would fit on the 2001, so I'd be taking a risk that it wouldn't fit and be stuck with an expensive item.. Can anyone confirm that the Toyota part will actually work on all model years 2001-2003?

The local auto parts stores (Canadian Tire, Parts Source, etc) don't carry these items for the 2001 Prius, and so far, a search of web resources hasn't shown any leads.. Can anyone here point me to an online source that ships to Canada?

2. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Re: Hood guard/ bug deflector availability for '01 Classic P

No direct experience with these parts, but model years 2001-2003 are all physically the same. There should be no fitting issue.