1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hood loose indicator on aftermarket Maestro headunit

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Noriman, May 18, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Noriman

Noriman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey everyone, I have a 2015 Prius I've owned since new. I replaced the OEM headunit with a JVC Carplay with Maestro capability unit about a year ago. I used the Maestro RR system and harness kit for the connections, purchased new from Crutchfield. The unit is amazing and really breathes new life into the car. The only issue started after my latest oil change last week--the Maestro unit (not the car's display) is showing the hood is open when it's not. All other Maestro features are working fine including the tire pressure feature and gauges, and nothing showing up on the Prius' dashboard. Does the 3rd gen Prius have a Hood Open Sensor, or is the Maestro unit giving a false reading? If it has one, I would love to see a diagram or photo--I took the front radiator cover off but couldn't identify one. I searched the threads but couldn't find anything for 3rd gen.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    There is the switch on my generation 3's hood latch I can see the wires running to it and can see it when I look carefully with the hood up at the hood latch assembly take a look you'll see it this is a JBL solar roof car with all kinds of options but not radar cruise or any of that was also a 2010 the first year of the car so be that as it may I do see there's a switch there so it can have some kind of indicator saying that the hood is up My car has this switch but I don't think I have it on the display but the switch is definitely there it's a little micro switch.

3. Noriman

Noriman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks, I’ll check again and see if I can find any wires.