1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hood protection, seat covers, steering wheel protection

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by daisy555, Jul 10, 2023.

1. daisy555

daisy555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Trying to decide if the Toyota film protection for the hood available as an add on accessory has more pros than cons. Someone else is paying for it. Supposedly the material has improved over the years. I wish they made a removable hard shield for the hood like I’ve seen on a few Gen 2s.

Regarding seat and steering wheel covers is there a reputable brand to be following? I know they are probably not available yet. Just trying to figure out which website I should keep an eye on.

2. Jim Call

Jim Call Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Dealer supplied PPF is usually pretty thin material....the least expensive they can get away with. If you want it, go to a reputable supplier/installer to get your money's worth.

3. daisy555

daisy555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks. I decided to skip it after hearing the disadvantages on this forum. Even the sales manager confirmed he wouldn’t put it on his car.