1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

hood protector from Canada

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Bob Allen, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I just mounted a plastic hood protector shield that I got from ToyotaTown in Langely, BC. It went on easily. It 's a smoked plastic, almost black, and looks like a "milk moustache" on HUMU's hood. The appearance is better than I thought it would be, and it fits into the airflow rather than sticking up like the older style protectors you see on pickup trucks.
    For me, it's preferable to trying the plastic bra installation as I am still leery of putting plastic film over paint and then trying to get it off in five years when it's time to replace the stuff.
    If the appearance of black gets to me, I can always paint the thing as it can be easily removed. I don't know how to up load photos so I can't show you anything. The protector doesn't have any busy designs on it, and only a small "Toyota" written on the lower driver's side edge.
    I'm thinking of going to a marine supply store and getting stick on letters about an inch high to read "AT-PZEV" on one side. If you can't hide something, make it part of the artwork.
    Bob
    p.s. the guys at ToyotaTown are great; they sent my protector express mail at no extra charge because I'm going on a trip in a few days. Cost was about 60 bucks US including shipping.

2. eak354

eak354 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    hey any picture so we can see how it looks on the hood? :wink:

3. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

If you give me a minute or two I'll scan and post a pix of Andrew and his Prius Taxi with the airflow shield on it.

4. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

Here's a pix of Andrew Grant's 2k4 Prius Cab with the shield

5. m4prius

m4prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Bob can you give part number and phone number for parts dept at Toyota Town BC?

Thanks,

Mike

6. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Here is the info o the hood deflector:

Hood Deflector C0500-47004 CND$70.00

Steve 604-530-9151

[email protected]