1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hood Scoop Mod...is it possible??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by politically corrupt, Aug 15, 2005.

1. politically corrupt

politically corrupt New Member

I was thinking of 3 different mods for increasing electricity to the battery or to the actual electric engine. ME = Not Technical...so if there are any Techs who can understand what I am getting at and can tell me if any of these mods would work I would be interested in hearing from you.

Hood scoop mod

Ok take a couple small generators hook them up with a prop run them parallel put them in a scoop so when you drive the air forces itself over the generators and creates electric to charge your battery.

or

take one big generator hook multiple props so that during highway driving you will get max electric from you one generator to charge your battery.

or

running either of the two afor mentioned devices directly into the electric engine. Now I'm not sure if they will provide an extra boost the faster you drive the more the generators spin creating more electricity directly to the motor so that the gas motor doesn't need to kick on...

...just a thought I think these ideas will work, don't have money to test them or I would

2. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Extra wind resistance may counter any extra economy. Might need a remote-control flap to only allow "turbocharging" when already going way fast...

1 person likes this.