1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hook next to USB/Aux ports?

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by kjconrad, Sep 29, 2012.

1. kjconrad

kjconrad Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Does anyone know exactly what the hook/clip thing is for that sits to the left of the USB/AUX ports in the Prius C? I was thinking about making a custom iPhone dock that would hang over the side of the glove box that would attach to that hook. I've never really done anything like that before though...

2. FastZX6R

FastZX6R Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I was told the hook is for cable management

3. photogrl13

photogrl13 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    It is for the cable. There is even a diagram in the manual about it.

4. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Works very nicely. I bought a black iPhone cable to go with my car's interior and I can happily leave it in position at all times even though I only use it occasionally. The USB end sits nicely in the tray above the glove box, just to the side of where the connector panel is, when not in use. The dock connector end I leave sitting in the tray forward of the cup holders, which is where my phone would be if connected to it.

The cable management hook is just right for holding the upper end in position.