1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hook up iPod

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by mary2al, Feb 19, 2007.

1. mary2al

mary2al Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have an iPod connection that is supposed to be plugged into the back of the radio on my 04, then have a little 2"x 2" x 3" box secured and then a wire from it run out under the dash to then be plugged into the ipod. The dealer quoted me $200 to do this small deed. Once I watched as the mechanic opened up my dash to replace the computer monitor and it took him a minute or two. I didn't pay enough attention to do it myself as we were chatting. I don't know if going one more step to get at the back of the radio/cd player is much involved. What do you all think?
    Thanks,
    Al

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Are you planning to install a Vais or DICE?

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Pulling the dash apart is easy, as is putting it back together. There are a couple of screws on the driver's side and a push-plug on the passenger side of the center "column" under the radio, below the 12V outlet. Everything else is just a plastic clip; pull it off, pop it back. Oh, and the Park switch, but you'll see how to disconnect it if you need to.

If you're talking about the DICE unit, there are a couple of good write-ups on how to do it, with pictures. Search for DICE install and you'll find them. That all happens on the passenger side and maybe behind the column cover.

4. dzucc

dzucc New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mary2al @ Feb 19 2007, 06:37 PM) [snapback]393025[/snapback]</div>
    Mary,
    Try and see if anyone can loan you their copy of Coastal Techs intructions for the installation of their "lockpick". It shows you how to remove the dash and the MFD with good pictures and decriptions.
    Good Luck

5. mary2al

mary2al Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks guys -- I followed Bill's advice and there is the best step by step there could be with pics and every detail. It's by some 'dragon guy' or something -- very considerate and complete.
    Thanks again
    Al