1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hooking up XM...what fuses to use for power?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by goodsam, Mar 3, 2006.

1. goodsam

goodsam New Member

I will be transfering my old aftermarket XM to my 3rd car now (06 Prius) and I've forgotten what fuses to get power from. Red goes to constant power and yellow to some accessory...I think. Any advice would be appreciated. I've looked at most of the installation articles on this site, and I don't think it will be too hard to get it in, but I'd like to avoid a trip to the audio shop if I can.
    Thanks...

2. goodsam

goodsam New Member

Just got back from the audio shop. We used the clock fuse for constant (red) power and the acc. fuse next to it to turn it off and on(yellow). I don't bend like I used to, so I was glad to have someone crawl under the dash and wire it up. Did the rest myself. Put the reciever under the back tray with the spare tire and put the channel control in the flip down storage area under the radio. Took about 4 hours...mostly because I changed my mind about mounting under the front seat when I saw the air ducts down there.

3. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

"I changed my mind about mounting under the front seat when I saw the air ducts down there."

What air ducts?

4. goodsam

goodsam New Member

I thought I saw air ducts...like to warm up the feet of back seat passengers. But I don't know that much about it and welcome any comment if I'm wrong.