1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hooray New Prius!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by HerkyHawk, Aug 27, 2006.

1. HerkyHawk

HerkyHawk New Member

We picked up our Seaside #4 on Friday and I am still excited. The dealer experience was pretty painless (Art Silva in Sioux City, Iowa) and the 2-hour drive home was a blast. The screen is a bit addictive. Glad my husband was in the passenger seat and the road home was pretty straight ;)

We averaged about 40 mpg on the way home. We've been driving it around town this weekend getting used to everything and trying out the P and G. I had a 100 mpg 5-minute stretch in town yesterday (even if it was more the readout than the actual mpg, it was still great to see). That was pretty cool! Here are a few photos (note: the BMW in the garage is not ours - it belongs to my car geek BIL who was VERY interested in seeing our Prius. Then he gave me some lessons in how to wipe bugs off the front of the car. He likes to show off his cool car products :D ):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. syncmaster

syncmaster Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Very nice baby pictures... I bet the delivery weight was 2,890 lbs and 3 ounces

Good luck with that beauty...

don't worry about wiping bugs off, get side molding installed fast.
    and also a clear bra, it gets rock chips easily.

I can tell you have really good taste in colors.

3. New Revelation

New Revelation The Master Captain

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congrats on your Prius! That color keeps reminding me that Im glad I ordered that color. I got an 07 model with that same color w/ #5 package on order now. May be a short wait (about 3 months) until I can get mine, but the wait will be worth it.

What a popular car this is! :D

4. BobZ

BobZ New Member

:D :D Welcome aboard :D :D Don't worry about the gas mileage too much at first. Once the car breaks in you be use to it too and 50 + will be a breeze

5. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Congratulations!! That is a very Nice color!! Don't get too distracted by the MFD, and as Bill told me when I got mine, just turn it off at some point and drive, DRIVE!!!

I also suggest that in the next couple of weeks you consider additions that will help preserve your beautiful new car, such as mud flaps, bra, floor mats, etc........ lots of posts on here for those items you can read at your leisure, but for now, welcome to the club!!

ENJOY!!! :lol: :lol:

6. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Congrats and welcome!!! :rolleyes:

7. HerkyHawk

HerkyHawk New Member

We are definitely getting all-weather mats, seat covers, sun shade and the 3M Clear Bra (BIL tried to talk us out of it saying that no one in our area knows how to put it on and that it doesn't do anything...I disagree). I'm calling the closest Toyota dealership tomorrow. Sioux City quoted up $299 for the 3M.

I am looking at the mudflaps, too, and possibly some better tires (better for SoDak winter driving). This is the first car I've really cared about since my '67 Cougar (and although I kept it up, I couldn't afford to completely restore it) ;)

8. Starfall

Starfall New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HerkyHawk @ Aug 27 2006, 10:28 AM) [snapback]310116[/snapback]</div>
    Congratulations! As they say in Priusland, enjoy the ride. :)

And don't forget the body side mouldings - rushed shoppers in parking lots can be a hazard.

9. HerkyHawk

HerkyHawk New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Starfall @ Aug 27 2006, 12:09 PM) [snapback]310159[/snapback]</div>
    I am trying to convince DH that these are not ugly...

Oh, and I think we're going to look into the block heater, too, since we live in a cold, cold land come winter :)

10. syncmaster

syncmaster Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Starfall @ Aug 27 2006, 01:09 PM) [snapback]310159[/snapback]</div>

You mean rushed shopper like below ?

Attached Files:

11. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You can get the side mouldings throught the Prius Chat shop or directly from www.metrotpn.com,

Congrats on you new car, btw - enjoy it!

12. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congratulations! As blue as the SD sky! I saw some really cool looking side mouldings on a Barcelona Red that would look great on your car too: CHROME! OK, really chrome plastic, but it picked up the chrome fin from the front and the chrome (shiny silver) of the tail lights.

13. marjam

marjam Member

Congratulations! What a beautiful car!

14. Autosmiler

Autosmiler New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HerkyHawk @ Aug 27 2006, 07:57 AM) [snapback]310077[/snapback]</div>

Congrats! I'm always happy for new owners b/c it reminds me of my first days of owning this car. But just a quick question - what did he say about how to wipe bugs off the front?? I'd love to know!