1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

hope the 2010 Prius summary of problems list doesn't get out of hand/spun

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by cwerdna, Aug 16, 2009.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Wasn't sure if I should post here or in Other cars... but for one, I do worry a bit that crappy sites like Consumer Affairs will spin the contents of that list and distort the severity (or non-severity) of the problems.

On a related note, post 45 at Not a good sign for GM and the Camaro - Page 3 - MY350Z.COM Forums had a HUGE list of problems/things for new Camaro owners to check for. I tried to dig for it and found Ultimate Issues Inspection Checklist for delivery at dealership - Camaro Forum - 2009 Camaro / 2010 Camaro / New Camaro SS Z28 Forums - Camaro5.com :rolleyes::

2. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I understand the concern, but I think the value of the thread (particularly in light of the way it was started) is great enough to outweigh the potential mis-use by others.

If serious concerns are alleged, and there are other people with the same issues, AND the process has been taken to Toyota and recognized, then the issues really should be posted in an easy-to-reach place. Further, the thread (now a Sticky) will be much more easily found by newbies with concerns.

1 person likes this.
  3. compac

compac PSU, Metallic Blue Ribbon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    info helps all

4. New_Yorker

New_Yorker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Fellow Prius Chat Posters . . .FYI . . .
    From the (current) June 2010 issue of Consumer Reports Magazine . .

Under the Heading 'Toyota troubles' (page 5 lower left)

The Question: Regarding Toyota's sudden-acceleration problems, did your annual survey reveal complaints about sudden acceleration or brake problems (by Prius owners who completed the survey) with the Prius ? If so, why didn't they get some serious attention from government regulators? If not, are all the claims really true?

CR's answer:

Our survey didn't reveal such complaints because the problem rate for unintended acceleration is extremely small-roughly 1 in 10,000 vehicles. (By contrast the least reliable vehicles in our survey have problem rates that exceed 3 in 100) The Prius Brake issue affected 2010 Priuses, which would show up only in our 2010 Annual Auto Survey, which we are fielding now.
    WE have called out other problems when we've found them. The 2007 Toyota Camry and Tundra, for example, were below average for Reliability, based on our 2007 survey. We also reported on a recent slipping in interior fit and finish. Usually, though, Toyota builds Very Good, Reliable Cars.

Makes me wonder why this wasn't Headed, " Toyota's Exaggerated troubles " instead !