1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hope

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by fshagan, Aug 8, 2007.

1. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  2. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ Aug 8 2007, 01:31 AM) [snapback]492272[/snapback]</div> Absoutly WONDERFUL video, thank you so much for posting!

3. ohershey

ohershey New Member

While I found the video to be powerful and inspiring, I was then immediately depressed and disenheartened by the ignorant, bigoted comments which were being posted in response. If only we could keep our own extremists in check, and support the Islamic moderates, rather than providing fodder for their extremists to use for recruitment, there might be hope.

4. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mad Hatter @ Aug 8 2007, 01:20 PM) [snapback]492591[/snapback]</div>
    At the time I read them, I didn't think they were too bad. One or two stupid ones, but mostly people encouraging the effort.

5. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Far out. Nice find. My mother in law has just started teaching at a Muslim school, here in South Florida, and her own (conservative) mother is thinking that the Muslims want to brainwash her and train her to be a terrorist. Amongst other things. Oh, and Grandma also thinks Muslims should not be allowed to practice their faith.

Nice.

6. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Aug 8 2007, 10:48 PM) [snapback]492873[/snapback]</div>
    There are limits to what religions are allowed to do in our culture, as no right is absolute. I certainly think we can do things to limit the impact of radical "Islamism" in our country, and not go blindly down the path the Europeans have trod, only to find them now writing repressive "dress codes" into their laws.

We might be able to limit funding of new Mosques by Saudi Princes, for instance.