1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

hopeful newbie...

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by jm1126, Jan 23, 2008.

1. jm1126

jm1126 Soon-to-be Prius owner

Hello all,

I am (hopefully) a future owner of a Prius. I'm still in high school, I hope to get a good deal somewhere for a used Prius (eBay??), so that once Toyota releases a PHEV, I'll be able to just trade it up.

Anyway, here are my reasons:
    • It is fantastically styled. Even if this car were not a hybrid (see below), I think it would still be a favorite of myn. I love 5 door cars, and the "teardrop" shape I think looks fantastic on a 5 door. Also, I absolutely love the interior of this car. The steering wheel has just about every feature needed. The MfD was designed wonderfully.
    • I'm an environmentalist. Hybrid technology still has some way to go, but this car is a wonderful start to something huge, I hope. Whether you believe in global warming or not, we are running out of fossil fuels. It's going to happen. Something, like the Prius, is needed to be done.
    • This car just makes sense. Sure, the Prius won't go 0-60 in 4 seconds. That's because people don't need that much speed!! I can't stand people saying, "You want a Prius? Yuck, that thing goes 0-60 in like 11 seconds!" Well, that's fine with me (unless I start street racing).
    • It is an aerodynamic master. A Hummer or some other sedans don't make sense aerodynamically.
    • It's a Toyota. Enough said.
    • Try to find 5 problems with this car.
    But, why am I telling you all of this? You already know this stuff.

-JM

2. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Welcome to the forum. Look around in your local area and just by luck you might be able to find a used one. These cars are selling like pancakes lately. :)

Have fun shopping and let us know what you decide to get.

Regards.

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Welcome to PriusChat, JM. It's good to see the younger people interested in the environment. Good luck on finding a used Prius. I don't think there are many available because the satisfaction level is so high, but there are bound to be some here and there, and the wider you can make your search area the better are your chances.

Be sure to have a Prius mechanic check out any car before you buy it, though. And if this will be your first car, check out all the used-car buying tips from Consumer Reports.

4. PrematurelyGray

PrematurelyGray Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hey JM -
    We're in the same neck of the woods. I wish you great luck in finding a Prius. Definitely cast your net wide, even into Ohio and WV, when you actually begin searching for a car. I think you'll catch a better deal that way.