1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"Hot Coolant Tank Install"?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by salguod, Oct 21, 2013.

1. salguod

salguod Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    In the service records at the Toyota Owner's site for my new to me 2007 Touring is the following entry from January of this year at 108K:

The only part listed was 00272SLLC2, Super Long Life Coolant, I assume a gallon. Anyone know what this is?

I want to figure out if the engine and inverter coolant was changed, as specified, at 100K. On this same work order the HV Electric Water Pump recall was done, so the pump & inverter coolant were changed. I just don't understand the entry above to know if that means the engine coolant was changed too.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    "Hot Coolant Tank" probably means the engine coolant heat recovery system canister, which is located in the left front fender in front of the tire. Typically this canister would require replacement only if the car was in an accident impacting the left front fender.

The engine coolant was replaced if the coolant heat recovery system canister was replaced.

3. salguod

salguod Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    That makes sense, but there was no listing for the P/N for the tank. Also, why is the ac listed and the back seat? I'm going to call the dealer and ask about it.

4. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Perhaps this means that the customer provided the air conditioning refrigerant to be used in recharging the system, which had been placed on the back seat. Certainly there are no air conditioning components back there.

5. salguod

salguod Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I was thinking along the same lines. After getting it home, I noticed the gap along eh sides of the hood is slightly larger on the driver's side than the passenger. I'm wondering if perhaps it was in a minor accident that damaged the hot tank in the LF. Perhaps the prior owner repaired it himself, and acquired a used tank and delivered it to the dealer for installation.

I haven't called the dealer yet to see if they recall.