1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hot to install new dammed fog lamps!!??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Gilbert, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Gilbert

Gilbert Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    i bought brighter replacement bulbs for my 08 fog lamps cause the stock ones are just pretty useless and ugly yellowish color.

But i cannot figure out how to get the old ones out :confused:. ive tried to remove the plastic grill and failed to do so. i dont want to break it so i didnt try it again.

Dealer wants 55 bucks to change them, what a ripoff.:mad:

Im hoping someone here can help me with a video, or a nice detailed manual to do it myself and not have to succumb to the dealer for it.:(

i saw a PDF of it, but it was poorly detailed and did not help at all.

Thanks for any help.

2. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The bulbs come out from the back. Drop the lower plastic shield, and just reach up in front of the front wheels. It helps to have braille fingers! For some reason, the driver's side was more difficult, and took 3 x as long as the passenger side to do. I used Silverstar Ultras, and really don't see much difference for the $ and time spent. Good luck. Do a search under fog lamp replacement for more detailed instructions.