1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HOV Application

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by owl20, Jan 18, 2006.

1. owl20

owl20 New Member

I have had my Prius since 1/1/06, and love everything about it! Thanks to all who posted on this site, I made a very informed decision, and purchase. However, I have another question. How and when do I apply for the CA Hov stickers? I was told by the sales rep. that I could not apply for the CA HOV stickers until I received my plates; is this true? Obviously, I am not at all clear regarding the process. Any help would be appreciated. As a side note, (My overall avg. since 1/1/06 is 56.3 MPG. I am delighted with my car's performance. I feel for all the PC'ers who must deal with adverse weather, and it's negative impact on MPG. Thanks in advance for your help. MY PRIUS IS EVERYTHING I EXPECTED IT TO BE AND MORE!!!

2. justinc

justinc New Member

Here is the website with directions (DMV) - http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/decal.htm
    You can also do a quick search on this site for "HOV" and you will find tons of information. You do not need to receive your plates before you submit your application. However, find out when your dealer will be submitting the paperwork (VIN# for your car) to the DMV, so it's in their system.
    If you are from the bay area, you will need to get a Fastrak first. The DMV website is quite detailed. Good luck.

Justinc

3. ceric

ceric New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Placentia is near Anaheim in LA. You don't need the FasTrak. That is only for Bay Area 8 counties.