1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HOV lane stickers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Scott_R, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Well, just got my NY HOV lane stickers in the mail.

Now I have to start working harder on a solution where I can affix them temporarily. I'll only occasionally use the HOV lanes, so I really would rather not have the blighted things on my vehicle (especially since there are four of them).

One odd thing I'll have to clarify with the DMV: the instructions state that the two small stickers must go behind the rear quarter panels behind the wheel wells, and the large stickers on the right side of both the front and rear bumpers--yet the instructions show the front sticker going on the LEFT side. They're flipping right and left depending on how you face the car, rather than right side consistently meaning the passenger side. Normally, I would go with what the picture shows but, since the purpose of the stickers is for the cops to see and I don't imagine a cop being on my left in the HOV lane (there's really no room), I'll double check that.

There are two possible solutions:
    1) a removable film. I think encasing the stickers between two sheets (which could be sealed around them) would be preferable to affixing the sticker to a single sheet. The concern here, of course, is the film peeling off while speeding down the road.
    2) a "mechanical" solution involving placing the sticker within a holder, then using some sort of string or ribbon to attach it to usable points nearby. Obvious disadvantage: it'll flap around in the wind.

Perhaps best would be a compromise between the two, using a removable film, along with a back-up tie down just in case it comes loose.