1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HOV Stickers and FasTrak Discrimination

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by RadMarv, Aug 13, 2005.

1. RadMarv

RadMarv Member

This linking Bay Area HOV Hybrid stickers to FasTrak is just a discriminatory ploy to insure more availability of the stickers to Southern California.

My brother (near Oceanside) just got his new Prius and can't apply due to not having received his plates yet. He thinks this Bay Area FasTrak requirement is a load of bull.

What happens to those folks who routinely travel from Southern California and use the bridges more than some of us ever will? They don't have transponders or requirements of them to obtain HOV stickers. Do they get to utilize the FasTrak lanes without transponders during the commute times?

GO FIGURE???

2. davedog

davedog Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    RadMarv, your brother supposedly can still apply. I spoke to 3 diff DMV reps...

for bay area residents with new prii, you must have fastrak (hybrid transponder edition) and show proof of sales (with VIN/owner info). then you can send in the application with the license plate # blank with the additional amended info.

and to get a fastrak hybrid transponder, the same process is required (proof of sales, VIN...). i spoke to many fastrak ppl too, and am gonna go in at 9am to take care of this in person (even tho i faxed the app already--that'll take 10 days).

i'm guessing the same monkey business can be done in LA w/ new prii owners. sigh, but no fastrak intermediate step. fastrak is a bunch of bull. they should just make hybrids get out of carpool unless they have the transponder, not force them to have it. blah. and don't get me started ranting on the size and numerous number of stickers!!! to the windows (blah) they must go!