1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

how about 113 mpg Prius in a few years?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by plusaf, Apr 19, 2006.

1. plusaf

plusaf plusaf

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  2. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    that is really cool, while not pure BEV yet a step in the right direction! PLease toyota make it a plug-in!

3. bsd43

bsd43 Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Repost!

Please search before posting.

4. plusaf

plusaf plusaf

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SomervillePrius @ Apr 19 2006, 11:01 AM) [snapback]242211[/snapback]</div>
    i love religious arguments.... :)

113 mpg isn't enough? about twice the economy of the GenII Prius?! about five times the average US car? or ten times the Corvette i drove in the early '70s????

for folks who never leave the city, BEV might be nice, but i think that won't meed the needs of something like 80-90% of Americans' driving needs [wag on my part, not even swag..] so i'll doubt that TMC will pursue a pure BEV for a while.

and, following MY personal religious beliefs, if you have to plug the car in every night or every couple hundred miles, first, you will never take any long trips with it, and second, you'll probably find a lot of people telling you they don't want all those more power plants that'll be needed to charge those cars, either. even a base-load plant might be throttled down at 3am....

but that's not a discussion that follows logic trails.

happy motoring, one way or the other.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bsd43 @ Apr 19 2006, 12:44 PM) [snapback]242267[/snapback]</div>
    ???

5. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(plusaf @ Apr 19 2006, 06:22 PM) [snapback]242399[/snapback]</div>
    Nooo, not in the main forums please don't tempt anyone!
    The key word here is "have to" I think most of us are looking foward to the "option" of plugging in to recharge a high-capacity battery, not the necessity thereof. That's a critical distinction.

6. plusaf

plusaf plusaf

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Begreen @ Apr 19 2006, 05:28 PM) [snapback]242402[/snapback]</div>
    i didn't mean it that way... i meant that this kind of question tends to come from personal preferences; there's not kind of "yes/no" conclusion that can be drawn.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Begreen @ Apr 19 2006, 05:28 PM) [snapback]242402[/snapback]</div>
    i find it hard to imagine TMC trying to design an overall propulsion system where virtually all buyers would want to have that choice built into the vehicle. imnsho....