1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How about invading Mexico?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by burritos, Mar 20, 2006.

1. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    1. It would solve the illegal immigration problem.
    2. It would help us greatly with the oil problem, cause they have tons of oil.
    3. We would liberate a nation of poor ruled by a handful of corrupt non tax paying mafiosa families.
    4. We could fight the drug war more effectively cause the we could reduce the southern border exponentially.
    5. We Americans love coastline. It's great for jobs, development, and growth. It has 4 times the coastline that california has, and look how prosperous california is.
    6. Mexicans love us, they'd greet us with roses.
    7. Their copper canyon is deeper than our grand canyon. By invading them, then we could legitimatelyclaim to have the deepest canyon.
    8. Forget invading Canada, too fricking cold. Maybe 50 years from now when global warming raises their average temperature to bearable levels, then we could revisit the issue.

2. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I'm in. We better do it before they invade us! Go Wolverines! I wanna bang Jennifer Gray before Patrick Swayze does.

Nate

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    if we dont hurry up, there will be no one left to conquer... they would all be in the US!!

actually, that would be very comical. all the mexicans are going to the us while the americans are all going to mexico...

guess that aint all that strange. happens quite a bit every year right about now

4. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Huh??? :blink:

5. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i think that maybe a comment about the movie red dawn

or the OTHER movie that starred the pair... one that most dont know about

6. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I'm in. We could always claim we were looking for Pancho Villa. :rolleyes:

7. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Were they in Red Dawn together?? Otherwise Dirty Dancing does not match the Mexico theme.

I truly loved Day After Tomorrow where the Mexican government closed their borders to Americans. It would be so much easier than invading Iran as well as Iraq...better food as far as I am concerned.

I'm in! Who's calling George???

8. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    We could just trade countries and see if they try to cross back over to mexico to get our free welfare.... then we all sneak back over and shut the gate!
    Oh yea.. there is no gate! <_<

9. EricGo

EricGo New Member

Fine idea. I been kinda hankering after Venezuela, if you know what i mean. Time to put some real management down there.

10. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I think we should just build a fence. :rolleyes:

Wildkow

11. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Actually, I think a better idea would be to give Texas back to Mexico. We'd get rid of the worst of our political lunatics, and I've never liked Texas anyway.

12. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

I'm in. I'd like a villa without going to the South of France.

13. jared2

jared2 New Member

"We would liberate a nation of poor ruled by a handful of corrupt non tax paying mafiosa families."

You mean Mexico is just like the U.S?

14. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Invade?, Why invade? Just invite them to become state #51 OR, if they balk at that, just tell them we wanna be THEIR next state.

You know, now that I think about it, why DON"T we just admit we are worthless and ask ANYONE else to just take us on as a "protectorate". They would absorb our debt, our ageing infrastructure, our decrepit schools, our massive gov't bureaucracy, and lousy health care. All we would have to do is accept their legal system and gov't. And, since ours stinks, it would HAVE to be better.

Why haven't we thought of this. We would be inelgible to vote for our leaders, we wuld not have all these silly arguments that come from having nothing else to complain about.

I'm sorry....was I taking this thread too seriously?????

15. jared2

jared2 New Member

"Forget invading Canada, too fricking cold. Maybe 50 years from now when global warming raises their average temperature to bearable levels, then we could revisit the issue."

It wouldn't work. They beat us bad in 1812.

16. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    a wolverine, although small, (about the size of a badger) is considered the most vicious animal on earth when cornered.

read dawn was a movie about the russians invading the us. a group of high school kids saw the invasion, headed for the hills and then slowly began gurrilla attacks to undermine the russians control of the town they lived in.

the group took on the name wolverines in reference to their young age but also because of the fact that they were fighting for their homes and to quote another movie (points for anyone who knows this one)

a single man fighting for his home is better than 10 hired soldiers. the crusades taught me this

so the reference is about red dawn, that is unmistakeable. and the fact that swayze and grey were in that movie first is one of the greatest trivia questions ever.

17. seeh2o

seeh2o Prius OG

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Here's the fantasy - California (or at least coastal, i.e. blue, California) secedes from the union. Bush doesn't want to have anything to do with us anyway. California and Mexico become one again. With California having the 7th largest economy in the world and Mexico with its coast lines and oil reserves....I think I need a margarita right now!

Sooner or later Oregon and Washington may want in on the action, they could be admitted and Canada may want to join. Mmmmm, good skiing in the winter and summer along the l-o-n-g coast....

Oh no - I can hear the jack booted Homeland Security thugs running up my walkway....gotta go! :eek:

18. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    It should be noted that Mexico actually invaded on Russia's behalf. (At least in Colorado). (In the movie).

Nate

19. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    By the way, Red Dawn has one of the coolest lines ever. A kid who was a coward turns tough after battle. One of the adults says to him, "Your hate will burn you up, son." He replies, "It keeps me warm."

Chilling.

Nate

20. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    You can thank the mindless drones - AKA Public Servants - for creating that mess. Politicians made wild election promises to get elected, and the Sheeple actually believed them. With no thought to the consequences. This went on for generations.

We're now living with those consequences. It will take generations to fix, if we can fix it.