1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How are folks on the waiting list doing?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Bob Allen, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'm wondering how all of you on the waiting list are doing and if there is anyway I can help. I have no idea just what it is I would do, but maybe others on the chatline have ideas. I was tipped off by someone on this chatline about the Prius I ended up buying. I was able to connect two others on this chatline with the same dealer (James Toyota) in Moses Lake, WA where they, too, bought Prii.
    My thought is this: This chatline covers pretty much the whole US geographically. Those of you living in smaller towns might check with your local dealers to see if there are Prii arriving unclaimed, since Toyota's allocation system seems totally unrelated to actual orders being placed. That's what happened in Moses Lake, WA, where I bought HUMU. They have more cars coming in than order to fill and they are great to deal with. Dealers in small towns can't afford to play the games with customers that big city dealers do or they'd quickly lose their customer base due to bad reputation.
    Some of you live in, shall we say, less environmentally aware parts of the US where the demand for Prii, or even knowledge of their existence, may make getting one easier since the demand will be less.
    I think about the people on the waiting list quite often, as I remember the frustration and obsession that being on the list involves. I remember how frustrating it was to read excited questions and answers from those who already had cars, yet I read it all anyway because there is a lot of valuable information and it helped prepare me for driving one myself.
    Hang in there, all of you. I think we are in this together.
    Bob
    Humu Seaside 7
    Seattle

2. randalla

randalla Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks, Bob. Your kind thoughts and comments are appreciated. As you know, the waiting and it's associated anxieties can be nerve wracking. However, I think I'm now in the final phase of waiting prior to taking delivery of my Prius. My salesperson notified me last week that my exact color and package is due in at the dealership during the week of March 29th. He confirmed that it will still be at MSRP as promised. It's been a long time since I placed my order (11/11/03) but I have gained an incredible amount of info that I too feel will be very useful after taking delivery. Not the least of which to me was finding out about Jon's ( http://www.priusxm.com/) XM radio made for Toyota that I bought from him and will install in the Prius. Hang in there everyone else still waiting!

3. Medved

Medved New Member

Hello,

I've been lurking on the Prius message boards for a while now . . . about 2 months. I have a Prius on order for about the same amout of time, go figure.

My brother is a Toyota mechanic, and I know many of the people at the dealership he works at. There are quite a few Prius on order, and I am moving up on the list. I believe that there are only 2 ahead of me with the BC package and perhaps 8 over all. Both of those people who want the BC package either want Silver or Black, both my first and second choices as well. Silver being my first choice. Anyway, I told my dealer that I would take any color with the BC package. These cars are just too hot to let go.

Although I would love to have my car soon, at the end of April I will be going in for a hip replacement. My luck, it will come the day of my surgery! :) I have mixed emotions about getting my Prius before and or after my scheduled surgery.

Since I wont be able to drive for a month or so after my surgery, I think it would be even worse tourture to have it in my garage and NOT be able to drive it, versus not having it at all! I would let my fiance of 3 days drive it, but I fear I would never get it back, now that we are engaged.

Perhaps the stars will align, and it will come the day I can start driving! :) I say, if your going to wish, wish big!

For the record, I am a little disapointed in some who continuly slam SUV owners. I have a 4Runner, and absoutly love it!. It's know as the "Big Brown Truck" for you NASCAR fans, you know what I am talking about. It is a great vehicle, reliable, and very versital. I have 183,000 miles on it! It truly is a Utility Vehicle. As far as gas milage goes, I know it gets 16-19 mpg. I accepted that when I bought it, and I accept it now. Perhaps Cadiliac, or MiniVan is too difficult to type, and SUV is just easier. When I read posts were people are putting down SUV, I just makes me think these people are very narrow minded.

I also have a Black 83 Supra, w/ 130,000 which is stored in my Garage. That is my "FUN" Car, I usually only take it out on weekends. It is in pretty good condition, purchased off of one of my brothers friends, who happens to be a Lexus dealer! It's in really good shape, and has been stored during winters. My brother also has a 85 Supra with only 60,000. We have been considering running in some SOLO racing. But didn't get a chance last summer. Maybe this summer?? They do look good sitting next to each other in the drive way. I also get a lot of double takes on the road too!

Anyway. Just wanted to say hello and vent a little.

Peter

4. casc

casc New Member

Well Personally.... I'm ordered before Xmas. Dealer said 8 week delivery.
    Late Feb, Dealer says... hey your car wil arrive in port LA for 23 Feb....

Well it's now 3 weeks past that. Dealer says.... uh.... we dunnow nothin.
    Toyota won't talk to us.... They don't tell us nuthin.... Your car was supposed to be in on 23Feb and now order shows ship date of all 9's...

I'm not a happy camper. I'd be switching to a Honda, but the spouse
    REALLY wants the fold down seat the 04 Prius makes avail. So I wait....
    with a '90 Ford truck and a 97 ford/mercury wagon....... each having "issues".

<sigh>

Near as I can tell from watching the chatgroups... Toyota missed the boat big time. They projected a demand of less than 1/3 of what demand is.
    They appear to be having problems with suppliers so ramp up is not
    possible/going to answer problem. They seem to have no good way to
    either communicate accurate status to their dealers, or throttle order expectations. Or the dealers are sucomming to market pressures and
    taking orders, but selling cars to late-commers who offer to pay premium
    price uplifts....

So yeah.... life's not fair. Car dealers have to eat too. An capitolism means
    scarce resources go to people willing to pay premium prices. But as Gas climbs above $2... and I drop $40 to fill vehicle because Toyota Corp
    or m local dealer can't deliver the resource I had to pay a deposit on
    3 months ago... I find the Toyota == Ford balance becoming more and more equal.

cas (tideland 7 x-mas 03 and thinking seriously about finding out how he gets his deposit back :( )

PS dealer got 6 prii in last week, but since toyota only ships to "matched buyers" they can't tell me where I sit on list..... :pukeleft: