1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How can anyone at PC support the Miami Global Warming in the Finals?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Chuck., Jun 10, 2011.

1. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    They said the NBA Finals was Good vs. Evil - no kidding.

How can anyone in good conscious support the Heat....Miami chose Global Warming as their mascot. :p

2. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have no idea what you are saying... I guess I don't watch enough sports.

3. Chuck.

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The Dallas Mavericks are playing the Miami Heat ;)

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i'm with you chuck, but i fell off the lebron bandwagon during 'the decision'. even as a celtics fan, i used to think he was pretty cool.

5. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I can't decide which team I would like to see lose more - the Heat because of Lebron, or the Mavs because of Mark Cuban. If I didn't have to see Mark Cuban's obnoxious face on TV, I would be ok with Dirk Nowitski finally winning a championship.

6. Chuck.

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I can understand you having a problem with Mark Cuban. He does rub a lot of people the wrong way but at least he's been quiet during the playoffs.

7. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Actually, I have more of a problem with the TV coverage when they insist on showing Mark Cuban's reaction to every close play, bad or good. They don't do that for other owners. And I do find him obnoxious.

8. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    LOL - that is hilarious. I did not understand what you were saying either in the beginning.

I've got to pull for Dirk in spite of Cuban :)

9. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i don't watch the mavs, but cuban seems to be one of those guys you either like or don't. i think he's funny sometimes, but i can see why others find him obnoxious.

10. davesrose

davesrose Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Miami has always been hotter then blazes during the summer (Dallas isn't exactly temporate heat either!). At least what I've ntoiced about global warming, is that it's especially more noticable up North. I was living in Boston when they were just starting to get record heat waves: at least the South has been hot during the summer, so almost every building has central AC. When I first was in Boston, they were having record heat during the summer: and everyone was rushing to get window units....long lines for AC and running out pretty quickly. The way climate change seems to be taking place is that the North gets heatwaves in summer, and the South has been getting some more snow during the winter.

11. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    but the celtics are out of it.

12. Chuck.

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
  13. JeffyJosephNorCal

JeffyJosephNorCal Formerly JeffyJosephNCa

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    ^Major Fail, Congrats to the Mavs on their first NBA Title!

14. Chuck.

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
  15. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    doesn't get much sweeter. never thought i'd root for kidd tho.

16. Chuck.

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
  17. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Old school basketball prevailed. It was a total team effort. Lebron would do well to learn from Dirk if he really wants to win the big one.

The Mavericks truly deserve this trophy. No one thought they would even get past the Lakers, much less beat the Heat. But they proved that smart coaching and great defense can still win a championship against a team full of superstars.

18. Chuck.

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    LeBron has become the next A-Rod and has himself to blame.

Grew up then played in Cleveland - great hometown boy makes good image...if only he had talent around him. Does he leverage his position and demand the Cavs to give him help or else? It does not look that way (let me know if King James did.) Instead, flirts with teams for months, then in an hour, faux State of the Union "The Decision" announces he is leaving.

LeBron has just said too much, and let it get hyped too much. He's set the expectations awfully high, even for himself. Even if the Heat won, Dwayne Wade would have been the MVP - not LeBron - "Chosen1". Maybe the Heat wins next year, but if it's a couple more, you wonder how many more remarks he's going to make to compound the agony.

Just don't understand being a pro jock - they get way too much attention. Don't say much to the press or twitter. Then you don't have to eat crow.

19. sipnfuel

sipnfuel New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    LOL @ LeChump Change

20. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    NBA and Prius are my 2 favorite things. Naturally, it's great to see this thread...

First off, congratulations to the Mavericks. I have mad respect for Dirk now.

I hate Lebron James. I've always thought he was overrated since I was in high school in 2003. In Chinese class, I'd get into fights arguing with the other kids about Lebron. Every season since then I've been proven correct and finally the world is seeing him through my eyes. Here's everything wrong with Lebron James;

- He's a narcissist; He calls himself The King since he was 18 years old.
    - He's a poor sport - refusing to shake hands or give interviews after the '09 Eastern Conference Finals
    - Worried only about his image - Gets dunked on by Jordan Crawford at Summer Camp in '09 and then tries to cover it up by seizing the video
    - His brazen arrogance- In 2010 told the league that no player should ever wear the number 23, and those who do should give it up because it disrespects MJ.
    - His hundreds of disingenuous Tweets which he fails to back up with his game. Examples/ talking about "karma" and "this is war"
    - His egregious post game quotes like "I spoil people with my play" and last night' he said - "All the people that was rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today.”
    - He gives up - Gets swept in 2007 Finals, Quits on the Cavs in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference semifinals of 2010, Disappears in the 2011 Finals
    - Full of himself - Signs with Miami (Wade and Bosh) The Decision / Pre-season celebration promising "not 5, not 6, not 7 championships..." and says "when the regular season starts, it'll be easy"
    - Then....when the going gets tough in the middle of the season he says "we knew it wasn't going to be easy" LOL.
    - He doesn't try to get better; He's always gotten advice solely from his inner circle and kid-friend manager Maverick Carter. If he actually cared, he'd want to make ammends to improve his image. How about apologizing once in a while or stop calling youself the King. Never going to happen.

Let's get this straight, this has nothing to do with jealousy. I was never jealous of MJ, Kobe, or Dirk, etc. These are old school players who spoke with their game. It has everything to do with Lebron turning the NBA into a "me-first" league and the media having latched on for years (I think they're finally letting go though). I could go on and on, but I think that's enough. :) Thanks for reading guys.