1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How can i make my profile information invisible when I post?

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by fyaeger, Sep 1, 2004.

1. fyaeger

fyaeger Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Is the purpose of profile info so usesrs can know more about you? IE, is such information always public, or are there ways to make some/all of invisible when I post, and why would I want to make some of it invisible when I post to forums? (yeah, I read over the FAQs - didnt see an answer there or in the profile section either).

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I never thought about it. I suppose you can just not enter the info. But it's a little now, I've memorized it all and know all about you.

Bwaa ha ha ha ha

But that brings up another point. I can look over and see that currently there are 2 people online noted as "hidden". How's that work?

3. Kacey Green

Kacey Green Member

ask dainel, the one with the cat avitar, I tried to look up one of his previous posts, and the system knows almost nothing about him ???, intriguing.

update:
    thinking further about it, he is either hidden or his entries in the database are corrupted

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Re: How can i make my profile information invisible when I p

Daniel hides himself from everyone else - he's just chicken to come out into the light. :)

The purpose of the profile is so that members can know more about you, our local club moderators can search for your location and invite you to local meets, etc. Only registered users can read your profile, and even then you can go under "Privacy" in your Profile Control Panel and set it so that no one can see anything about you (like Daniel).

I made myself invisible for awhile a few months because it was embarrassing how often I was logged in :)

5. fyaeger

fyaeger Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I dont see any "privacy" when I click the "profile" tab or the "profile" word on the menu underneath the Priuschat.com logo. Can you be more specific on how to navigate to the "privacy"?

6. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    click "profile"

click on "your profile" (this is a tab on the top of the window.

click on "profile settings" (this is on the left in the dialogue box.

click on "privacy"
    there you have a choice of hiding email, online status, whether or not you want PM's, etc.

7. fyaeger

fyaeger Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You did it. :idea: Thanks!!!

The key for me was "profile settings". Since that phrase was set apart from the other phrases, my brain somehow concluded subconsciously that the phrase "profile settings" was not a link. Duh.

8. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ty ty... i noticed that links dont look like links... so i do the finger scan on most of the pages...(ya know what i mean... wave the mouse around looking for clickables...)

obtw... i took all your personal info and posted it to the 3 largest chat rooms on the internet so now ya dont have to worry about hiding it...

KIDDING!! :mrgreen: